Wanted Movie Review

Discussion in 'General' started by SpencerSpencer, Jun 29, 2008.

1. First off ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. This movie sucked. The plot well it wasn't plot driven it was a series of action sequences that were loosely strung together and completely irrational AND LAZY. I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW LAZY the producers were, they couldn't even make rational plot choices as soon as one area seemed to hit a dead end they would throw in an completely dumb twist that you had no prior knowledge of. Hell in one shot they showed Angelina Jolie driving a corvette but when they showed her driving she was inside a viper, logos everywhere and totally not a vette. Thats a little thing, but the entire movie was like that, clip driven flint lock pistols!?! Someone apparently can fly at one point then gets shot in the face from 135ru189tu09 yards away through a train and a dough nut.

SPOILER - The absolute worst part was the main characters parting words, telling the audience we were pieces of shit whose lives were worthless.

PS SHE DOESNT GET NAKED NO TITS COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!!!!!!!

Grade - F it fails at life, epically. Except for one line starring Morgan Freeman

2. Lol, yeah. I hate movies that were put together poorly and just plain suck. I rent movies ALL the time and decrypt them to my HD then convert them to AVI files. The thing is, sometimes my friends bring over movies to put on that just seem like a waste of space. It is another collection to my library but some of the movies just plain look like they suck. You can usually tell if a movie will be good by looking at the preview. The preview for that movie looks like it's going to be shit. I have a very keen eye for spotting bad movies by the trailers.

3. Yeah I thought it would at least be a fun mindless violence movie but it tries too hard to be fight club. It basically was like a drunk homeless guy decided to do fight club but with guns but had a stroke while starting out and everyone just made the film to appease him. It makes you hate the character, he belittled me at the end I will punch him in the face if I see him on the street.

4. sorry you didnt like it man, i honestly loved it.

Its gotten fairly positive reviews from movie critics and most of my friends liked it.

I guess you need to view it as a comic (it was based off one i believe), and not as some random guy who can do crazy unreal stunts.

Compared to most of the shit they've been throwing out there lately i actually enjoyed this one a ton.

seems like you just wanted to see jolie's tits lol.... if your that curious they're in a few of her other films.

To everyone else, at least give it a shot

5. I saw it tonight based on the positive reviews at Rottentomatoes.

The CG was okay, but the dialogue was horrible. The story was really lame too, the loom of fate? wtf? Maybe if I'd read the graphic novel I'd be... no, it sucked.

I would give it a C-

6. I thought it was great.

Not anything deep, but man was in entertaining.

Basically, if you liked any of the slow motion sequences in the matrix, you would adore this movie.

7. I just couldn't get over the curving bullets...

8. I saw it, it was pretty much is the result of the matrix and fight club merging together, except with bad writers.
    Was I ever bored watching it though? No not at all, the action delivers. Id give it a B.
    Also I thought the ending scene was perfect leaving us feeling jeez, what the fuck have I done lately?
    So many spend there lives working to live, there job becomes who they are. To afraid to fail chasing
    our dreams, we accomplish nothing, not even failure. Id rather travel the world, and learn all I can about
    it.

9. this is a good review but to point out a redeeming quality their were two good songs one at the end credits and one in the middle. "the little things" by danny elfman and i dunno the name of the other one

I dunno this is the same crap we constantly see in the movie theaters i just watch most movies online and if its really good i pay to see in the theaters that way I support the making of good movies. this doesn't deserve the price of the ticket but it may be something you watch if your bored and have an hour or two to kill

10. I'll still enjoy it anyway, great action + Jolie = WIN.

11. yeah once i saw that curving bullet in the preview i refused to watch it... complete bullshit

movies like this piss me off. reminds me of Torque, Redline, Transporter..etc.

all shitty btw

12. That's what you get for deciding to go see a shitty, no-brain-required action flick and NOT going to see WALL*E

That'll learn ya :p

13. You need to learn how to write a movie review my son. You can say the movie was over the top and unbelievable, but that was the ENTIRE point to the movie!! It was supposed to be over the top to the nth degree... it was supposed to make you go "what the fuck" and it was supposed to make your jaw hit the floor. If you thought the plot was shite (for an action movie) then I want to know what you are watching.

Was the movie the best it could have been? No... But was it leaps and bounds ahead of any action movie in the last 10 years? In my opinion it was. You are not supposed to take the movies literally and they are not always supposed to be believable... that is why they are the movies and not real life.

Any because Jolie doesn't go topless means that the movie was shit? That opinion right there renders your opinion mote in my book... but then again, it is your opinion.

Next time you decide to dedicate an entire thread to a movie review... actually write one.

14. +rep, exactly what i was trying to say.

15. seriously wtf

16. I completely agree.

17. Ok over the top movie that actually had a great plot is too much to ask for... Rambo, Fight Club, Smoking Aces, 300, are you kidding they are all great movies with crazy action sequences that have a decent plot and great "What the fuck" scenes in them.

It was not leaps and bounds ahead, it was a stumbling piece of crap that should have been edited to make sense. Or at least try, it felt like a movie that had shitty action sequences strung together in order to make a buck released in between other action movies.

The fact that Jolie doesn't go topless didn't make the movie shit, it could have made the movie better. It would only add to the movie, and make it watchable...

What do you mean when I decide to dedicate an entire thread to a movie review actually write one, I felt I covered it within readable amount. Most people won't sit and read a page or two post which I could have definitely done but I realized that most blades don't read things more than two paragraphs. I'm sorry you felt I did a poor job, and the movie didn't have many "What the Fuck" points it sucked.

18. I heard different from a friend, but that friend has bad taste in movies so it sounds like I agree with your review at the moment.

19. Haha, Rambo had a good plot? Man goes in to rescue Christian Missionaries, man slaughters entire Burmese army... Fight Club isn't as much an action movie as it is a thriller... Very few "action sequences" and 300.... well that one had a decent enough plot but we can thank Frank Miller for that.

If you went to this movie after seeing bullets curve in the trailer and goes being sucked into spinning cars at 80mph then I don't know what you were doing in the theater.

The movie is based (albeit very very loosely) on a graphic novel (read; comic book) and so you should not expect it to be realistic. There are people that can make their hearts beat at 400bpm and slow down time. Guys flying across sky scrapers... and so on. Release your mind and take the movie for what it is the next time you watch it and I think you will enjoy it more.

20. Ya I saw one of the previews and I just said "WTF? That's the storyline Fight Club uses."

Meh some people said they liked it. We'll see.