Want to start this off...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by StoopheadFred, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Hey,

So I want to do an outdoor grow in a box. Parents wouldn't like me doing it in their house, and I figure it'd be all around better to do it outside.

I want to use this cabinet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a Tennsco Black Steel Storage unit. It'll cost $50 for it, and I think that's a pretty good price for something that looks well built like this. Lockable doors too :hello: Do you guys think I will have any problems keeping a cabinet like this outside in the rain and buried in dirt?

I want to have fans on it, but I was wondering if I could install some flaps/something to that effect that I could open and just allow it to be an open-air box. Would an open-air design like that work, or are fans a total necessity even outside? If fans are necessary, what are some quality affordable fans that I could use? Sound must be VERY quiet, and the lower the cost the better.

Also, when I buy a HPS light kit (like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/400-Watt-HPS-Gr...sPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting)
    What do I have to do to get it up and running? Do I need a case for all those electronic components to go in, or can I just mount them however I want? Is it worth it for me to invest in MH lights, or should I just worry about that later?

By the way, I want to have a veg/cloning chamber and a fruiting chamber within this cabinet. If I want to have a mother and a few clones in the veg chamber, what kind of light would you guys recommend I use?

2. could you please explain to me what you mean buried in dirt

3. Haha sorry, I just realized that sounded a bit odd.

I have an inclined ravine in my back yard. It's steep enough that I think I'd be able to find a spot and dig out an area for this to sit in, making it more stable and much less visible if someone were to say look down the ravine.

It'll just make it blend in with the surroundings much better if it's atleast partially burried.

4. Well I'm moving ahead with plans... if anyone sees something that will not work please let me know :(