Want to start my own indoor garden

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by riahc3, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Hey

First, Im pretty new around here (ex from the hempcultivation.com community although I wasnt around much) so Id like to say I hope to be here a long time. This topic will also be mirrored at gardenscure.com

Well the main topic, I live in Spain where the summers are pretty hot and the winters are VERY VERY cold. I want to start my own indoor marijuana garden. I admit I am a total noobie at this although I took care of a few plants for a friend but nothing else and Im a (for now) ex-smoker. This is just because I like to take care of these plants.

1: Seeds. I see that there is a section here where there are online seed banks. Are these actually true or is it just a gimmick (no offense intended)? Any place instead of those to get seeds? Where are the best type of plants to get for indoor?

2: Planting. I was going to do it as a regular plant: Plant it in regular soil (is any specific type required), water it every day and when it sprouts applying lighting (which is the next topic) Anything I should do different?

(2a: Knowing sex. How do I know their sex? AFAIK you can only smoke females while outta males you could mate them with females OR outta males you can make hash)

3: Lighting. This is problably the hardest part for me to growing. I know there are alot of different types of light; Some better for growing, some hotter, etc. Id also know that I believe it is 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. Id like to know which are the best for indoor lighting and if the hours are correct.

4: Place. The place I will grow them in will be a standard bedroom. The window will be completely blocked as the sunlight that goes in is too small of a raduis to reach all of the plants. I calculate about......10 plants or a bit more will be able to fit in the bedroom

So where could/can I start? Im sorry if there is a noobie guide posted somewhere that I missed.

2. 1. You should order from Attitude seedbank. Pretty much the only way to go. Look up reviews, its the best site to order to the US from.

2. You can only smoke or make hash from the females. Males are useless, if you come across a male in your stash o plants then you gotta prom night dumpster baby.

3. Sorry I fucked that last post. the actual answer to #2 is that you need foxfarms ocean forest soil. The nurtient and Ph stabilized to stay around 6.8 perfect for chron.

2a: You can only smoke or make hash from the females. Males are useless, if you come across a male in your stash o plants then you gotta prom night dumpster baby.

3. You want T-5 flourecent bulbs for your vegitative state (18 light 6 dark). and a HPS light for your flowering cycle (12 light 12 dark). Get an HPS with an air coolable hood, run some ducting through the hood and an inline fan and your done.

4. Wow I didn't realize you had such a big place to work with. If your going to fill the bedroom get a 12'' inline fan to cool your two 1000 watt metal halide (for vegitative) / high pressure sodium (for flowering) light setup. Throw some tarps on the ground. Get 5 gallon buckets full of fox farms ocean forest. Setup your light/ducting modual above the tarp (4' away at least to start for seedlings) and your off. Water regularly and you'll have buds in to time.

4. (My replies to you LittleGreenMan1)

Thanks for the post

1: Yeah Im pretty much hearing that Attitude seedbank is the best. They ship international right?
    2: You said i need "foxfarms ocean forest soil. The nurtient and Ph stabilized to stay around 6.8 perfect for chron." I dont live in the states (sadly) so could you please give me a guide on what to look for for something similar to what you told me to get?
    2a: Got it. I read that the hash can be obtained from female dried leaves so forget that point...
    3: Do I really need to get 2 different types of lights? Not ideal...
    And when you mean air coolable hood, does that mean the top of the light is made of metal and/or has holes? This was I can put a fan on one side of the top of the light and another on the other side of the light, ducttape it, making a tunnel and it will cool the lights?
    4: This one kinda lost me ...Sorry