Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

want to start my own headshop

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by highdayz, Sep 18, 2009.

1. wait if your in a headshop that sells dildos shouldnt the entire store be 18+ anyways

2. You obviously know a lot, but you have a few things wrong.

Marijuana is never spoken of, and if an employee or yourself has a personal stash, it's kept in a purse or somewhere of that nature, not say, under a store counter. That way, it's a personal crime.

Bongs are bongs. Even though many shops outlaw the word because of the connotations around it, the word "bong" does not make the items illegal. It is a good idea to have a water pipe rule though, because as was said, it doesn't take people long to go from "bong" to "weed".

Joints are invisible and personal, just like Weed.

Of course pipes have a "carb", why the fuck would they not? it's a legit part of a pipe, no matter what you smoke out of it.

3. You speak the truth. Also, having a large picture or poster of a pot leaf outside or inside the store is never a good idea either

4. dude i say do it cuz starting a headshop is my dream job man.
    thats gonna be the sickest job ever.
    if u live in a state where marijuana is legal for medical use then you should sell meds too.
    thats where you starts making alot of $

5. Good to see others sharing my same dream. Im currently going to school for Business (Retail Emphasis) and minoring in Psychology. I wont go into details about all my ideas, but one thing you should start doing is reading up on how to make a successful Business Plan. This is what you will use to try to get investors and loans for your business. Also it will provide you with an outline and a general idea of what you want to do with your business. Good luck man, hopefully soon we will have our own headshops and be living our dream :hello:

6. Also, Highdayz. The way you set your self apart from other stores is having things that are way above average product. Don't only get China glass. Of course you need some to sell to those of lower revenue, but you need Toro's, Illadelphs, and Roors. Local glass blowers are great to have in your shop sitting a table waiting for custom orders from people and give part of the prophets to you for promoting them. It will attract customers. Also, sell variety. Have lots of everything. A limited smoke shop is boring. If you can extend your customer base by selling stoner hoodies, tapestries with Bob Marley on them and shit like that, some Nag Champa maybe, some beads, and legal highs, well you my sir have a younger sale base, too. They will come in and buy your stuff, and while in most states they can't legally look at your glass, they will know it's there and keep you in mind for when they are legal. Also, you can get some kids that you know you can trust that buy incense from you a lot, and sell glass to them without ever asking for ID. Just say, can I interest you in some glass? Don't ask, don't tell. I don't endorse that :D but you COULD hypothetically do that if you wanted to. :D Just sell all your stoner needs so that I never have to go another store to get shit for gettin high. Well dude that's all I got. Peace.

7. This is something I also thought about but there's a few things I'm curious to know

1. Can "anyone" sell MMJ. Is a certification required, or is it just plain and simple, a dispensary

2. Even though the state allows is, I've heard national government (DEA) can do as they please, walk right in and confiscate all the mmj. I'd be left with no shop in the end :( something i really dont want happening, i hope i was just mislead-ed though.

3. If i sold MMJ, would that cause problems with my supplies going from "tobacco" products to "paraphernalia"?

Anyways, thanks a lot for the advice guys I really appreciate it :)

8. That's the first thing that came to mind when I read that post. People with medicinal cannabis don't use bongs and colorful spoons, they use vaporizers or sometimes prerolled marijuana cigarettes as they are called.