want to start a grow any ideas

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by let get high, Feb 19, 2011.

1. hi to all well ive read so many things on here now my head is fxxxd man brain is doing overtime here

any way im looking at a space in my attic 3ft square by 5ft high im out ov work at the moment so dont wont high electric bill, i thought would a 150w hps sun system be ok with a few extra lights cfl may be anybody point me in the right direction please cheers

2. Is the attic the only place you have available to grow?

I would like to caution you from trying to grow in the attic unless its your only hope.

I spent two years growing in the attic with marginal results. Unless you have really good insulation or live in a very temperate climate, temp and humidity fluctuations are too extreme to easily control. Summers way to hot, winteres way too cold, spring an fall too humid.

My suggestion would be a small grow tent or a closet. a 150 watter can be kept in a fairly tight spot with minimal venting and maintain way more consistant temps.

good luck!

3. yer man attic is my only place but ive got it all box'd off proper insulation kingspan ect and i bought some stuff call'd space blanket that nasa you's so no heat probs with the cops