Want to sell my system, need help with pricing

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Xz VADER zX, Jul 22, 2011.

1. So I've got two Alpine 12" Type-R Subwoofers and a JL Audio 2 1.0001 Amp.

The subs I got partially used off of a friend for $360 last year (they came with a box), the amp I got last year completely brand new on sale for $361.

My system has been disconnected for almost a year now, since it wasn't hooked up properly and killed two batteries. I never had it in me to hook it up again.

Long story short, I need the money.

I sunk a solid $700 - 800 into the system last summer so I'm trying to get a decent amount back on it.

The subs, since they're used, I'm hoping for $200. The amp is what I'm hoping to get the bigger return on. Hopefully $250? Maybe $300?

2. You paid $360 for 2 used 12s type r in a box? lawl I got mine new in a box for less than that

3. Yeah you didnt get a great deal from your friend but you should be able to sell the subs easily, Type R's are great for what they are, and they can pound pretty well. You should be able to get $200 for them and the box.

I doubt anyone will want to buy them with out seeing them in action though, and if you can get them sounding good (dont know how well they sound in the box you have) but Ive heard a single type R 12 thats louder than any 2 12" system around where I live.

INCLUDING MINE.