Want to see what 10,000$ gets you?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by themofknbear, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Well Keep up on this thread. I've invested over 10 grand in my system so far, 3 1000 watt digital HPS/Metal halide switchable ballasts, over 600$ in ferts, pH meteres, humidifiers, air coolers, fans, 30 site aeroflo system, waterfarm 8 pack, 45 site aeroponic clone machine, co2, the works.

10 super silver haze
    10 brainstorm
    10 blueberry
    and 6 unknown (in the waterfarm system)

the 30 seeds came from www.drchronic.com hes definitely the best!

Attached Files:

2. Well, this is kind of weird. Most of the pictures that produce beautiful bright green well grown stuff cost the person about $100-$300 dollars. 10K seems to be a lot of money for a growing set up. However, it does look nice. Hopefully you have done this before. LOL

Obviously growing for more than a personal use. Hope you don't get busted and lose it all. Will keep fingers crossed.

3. if everything you got is in that one pic, you just wasted a lot of cash. whatever is in that pic doesnt take even a grand to setup. possible not even $500 :rolleyes:

4. lol That's not everything I have in 1 pic, The bubble buckets were 350, the aeroponics system was 250, My lights (each complete set up, reflector, ballast bulbs) were almost 700 a piece x 3. 400 dollars worth of seeds from drchronic. my aero clone machine was 350. co2 tank + regulator was 300, air conditioner 100, fan was 20, exhaust was 50, intake was 20, and I cant even begin to think about how much each of my fertilizers cost + ph up/down superthrive clonex I spent 5 grand alone at the hydro store and than another 5 grand on misc. parts/tools to set everything up.

And yes I have done this before, No I am not trying to make a 'killing' this is for personal use only as I am a licensed medical user, and caregiver to a few people which is why i'm allowed to grow so much legally.

I will post more pics soon, after the seeds get taller and there something more interesting to look at :)

happy smoking all.:smoke:

5. Dude .....this was 5800 well spent
    I hope your room is HUGE for 10K
    A 10,000 dollar set-up and you spent 70 bucks on ventilation....Hmmm

Attached Files:

6. HAHAHA, way to go DrBudGreengenes. You showed him. Your setup looks 10000000 times better and for HALF the price. Dude, you spent $2100 on lights only for your first grow? No worse yet, you spent $400 on seeds for your first grow?????? Wait, even better you bought an aeroponic cloning machine. AHAHA, oh well. I personally dont think you spent that much but whatever you say. Also, you could have grown this "med pot" for all of your "patients" for HALF that as DrBud has already shown, but really you could have grown POUNDS for hundreds of dollars, maybe the VERY VERY low end of 1000s of dollars. You seriously wasted a ton of money, but then again i think you didnt spend that much anyways. When i seen "Want to see what $10000 gets you" i was expecting to see rows of 1000w and 1 ton A/C units, defiantly a much neater and clean area. I dunno, a room with a few buckets doesnt seem like 10,000 well spent.

7. man i hate to say it but i think you could have made a lot of that stuff for way cheaper. like 350 for a bubble bucket? thats a little absurd. but i guess it takes away the frustration of having bad home-made shit with expensive store bought stuff.. i hope you get your moneys worth.

8. Damn, seems like everyone is hating on this guy.

Obviously he's not using all 10k in equipment when the seeds aren't even sprouting yet.

Why not let him post the rest of his equipment before you all start bashing him?

9. i wasnt hating. i am a no hate fellow :p if i had the money do invest like that on weed hell yeah i'd do it. but right now i dont so i was portraying the cheap side of me :p

10. god damn people y'all really get pissy over nothing, I couldn't give 2 shits about what anyone on here thinks about "what i spent" I have nothing to lie about and am not just posting stupid shit to get 'attention' on forums. Everything I purchased was brand new, top of the line from hydroponics stores, If you could get the EXACT same things as I have from HYDRO STORES (which charge an arm and a leg) I would gladly bow down to you my friend.

Of course I could of done it alot cheaper by making things my self, buying used etc. But I have the money to spend, and I wanted everything new and under warrenty and Did not want to have to deal with putting things together/building it my self so to me it was worth the extra 7,000$ that I spent to not have to deal with all the extra bs!

And whos to say this is my frist grow? Definitely not my first. you guys need to smoke more weed and quit bashing before you see the final picture here.

Ive been a member to the city for YEARS and had another account but lost the password when I went inactive due to personal issues.

All I have to say to the "kids" that come on here and start bashing thinking they know everything and pretty much calling me a liar and shit is pay attention, follow this thread, and in a few months send me a PM apologizing for being ignorant. When you see the plants at full bud.

More pictures to come soon.

Someone said the room was messy, Agreed lol! I pretty much just finished setting everything up and need to clean up the aftermath.

Anyway I mean no disrespect to anyone here at the city, and would appreciate the same in return :)
    :smoke:

11. And yes I have done this before, No I am not trying to make a 'killing' this is for personal use only as I am a licensed medical user, and caregiver to a few people which is why i'm allowed to grow so much legally.

What State are you in? In our State it is one caregiver to one patient, not a few. Would love to read the law from your State and see if they could improve ours.

One of the biggest caregiving places up here is busted all the time. They take everything but don't arrest the director. Amazing huh?

12. Not hating on your setup, but w/e hydro store you went to you should go back and smack the guy in the face.

1000w switchable ballasts, lights, air cooled hoods, do NOT cost $700 each. There are MANY hydro stores, online too, that sell them for under $400 each.

Im not hating really, i just don't see where 10k comes in, especially for a 30 site setup? Kudos for spending it, I just think you got ripped off man.

13. bro, that's a lot o cash spent...

I hope you have better luck with those 1000w digital ballasts than I did. I tried 4 different models this summer and couldn't keep any of them working for any length of time. I was finally given a refund and went back to the old school magnetics. I havent had any more issues.

regards,
    linedrivr

14. if i had a few grand to blow on equip i would definately go for something like drbudgreens setup. that's amazing and i couldn't find a journal for it but if you have one coudl u post it? not trying to highjack the thread but oh what i could do with that kind of money...

• I GUESS TO EACH HIS OWN, I PERSONALLY WOULD NEVER SPEND THAT MUCH, IM MECHANICALLY INCLINED AND HAVE DECENT ELECTRICAL SKILLS AND LIKE TO BUILD MY OWN SHIT, ITS REALLY NOT HARD IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TOOLS, AND ITS FUN CHEAPER, AND JUST AS ADDICTIVE AS GROWING. I TAKE PRIDE IN MY HOMEMADE SYSTEM AND PERFOMANCE AND LOOKS ID PUT IT UP AGAINST ANY STORE BOUGHT SYSTEM. BUT IF YOU HAVE THE MEANS AND CHOOSE TO BUY ALL YOU WANT.....................PEACE:smoke:

15. Dude, If you check out Drbudgreengenes $5,800 well spent...you will notice that there are pics of 2 rooms not just one. $10,000 for a 30 plant setup, Dude I have SO got some equipment to sell you

16. 10 grand and you don't even have a table... ouch.

17. No Journal....Not my grow just My clones. :D
    Thats all the pics I have ....:(

18. what you guys arent realizing is that 10k isnt just for the lights/hydro equip, Also stuff like duct tape, sawsall for cutting holes for my exhaust/intake, a generator for when power goes out, rewiring some circuit boards.

Take it easy *****s:smoke:

19. Props to you for taking care of us medical users. You're doing yeoman's work at possibly great peril to yourself. Much respect.