Want to plant seeds but have a few questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Zombklr, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Ok so I did have a grow started but the soil I had was too compacted and I needed a bit more light. The main reason I think it messed up was the soil compaction and the fact that is had a little too much ph in it so the plant burned up a little. Long story short I scraped it and am thinking about starting a new grow.

So here's what I plan on doing

I have a closet and 4 23 watt cfl's two of which are 2700k and the other two are 6500k. I am using new soil with moss as the bottom to help with the draining of the pot.

Now as for my questions

I want to just put the seeds in the main pot without germinating in a cup or paper towels. so should I keep all of the lights on or off and maybe by my window or something? And what schedule would I put them on if I do keep my lights on?

Also I plan on using a 12/12 schedule because I don't expect a big grow or anything just something small so I am perfectly fine knowing the yield would not be as good as it could. I mean it's my first grow and something to have fun with.

2. 1) those 4 lights should be ok
    2)can go 24/0 or 20/4 with the seeds
    3) moss on the bottom is not needed. just drill holes on the bottom

3. you can go to home depot and get the 63 watt big cfl for 20 bucks and keep them coverd or verry moist. like plant your seed in a solo cup rip off part of any plastick bagg and ruberband it to the top, then under the light , if not you could dry them out just with them 4 lights! i put leaves at the bottom of my pots it lowers the p.h. and good for drainage! jus make shur no bugs on them.

4. I use root riot cubes for seeds. Place the seed in the cube, the cube in the pot, 18/6 light. It should sprout in 24-36 hrs. I use a mix of peat and perlite in the first small pot and just water.

BeZ...V

5. i have 2 of those 68w cfls from home depot (i work there ) il give them to you for 5$ and shipping cost. please dont ban me im not selling drugs only lights

6. well it already has holes in it and a little water catcher on it that i did drill one hole in which led me to discover this. The reason I got the moss was because my previous attempt the soil got compacted and clogged the holes so the moss should help it was something cheap i picked up. I think im gona go 24/0 for a bit till they start to sprout them go to 12/12 im still undecided on vegging for a week or so first.

7. If I had the money that would be nice but until I get any source of income its pretty much what I already have for now. Thanks anyway though man.

8. Yeah I just placed them in the pot today and put them under the lights i hope to see them sprout soon when I do I will post some pics of them and my setup.