Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Want to move out, weed friendly apartments?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by WEEirDo, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Okay, Im looking to move out of this fuckin house and get a job and my friend and my cousin are willing to go in on a apartment. Now, this would allow us to get a good apartment since it would be split 3 ways. Now what would I want to look for in a weed friendly and safe apartment? We'll prolly TRY :p and grow a plant or two as well. I also plan on buying my first bong and going all out on it and blazin everyday :bongin:

2. bump for sadness :(

3. where in the country?

4. Mid Michigan area.

5. apartments, weed friendly? maybe ghetto apartments...

6. well, really, you honestly have nothin' to worry about if you smoke in your own apartment; just get a dog so he can alarm you of anyone comin' to the door, it helps:smoking:

7. Dogs are the best to have for sure. Dont worry about toking in apartments, most people dont care just dont mak it obvious.

8. Oh yeah, that reminds me. My first apartment after moving out of my parents was right next door to a cop on the 3rd floor. Smoked everyday on the balcony, cop never said anything to me in two years of living there. I'm sure you'll be fine with almost any apartment.

9. #9 WEEirDo, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
    Any tips on how to prevent smell from smoking?

I have a idea sorta, like take some plastic tubes, have it in the window like an air conditioner and just blow the smoke thru the tube out the window lol.

Also! Just thought, put a lil PC fan it it pushing the smoke out more.

[​IMG]

10. Im in an a weed friendly apartment in ann arbor dude, come here!

11. I used to know this chick that lived in a big apartment complex who would put a dryer sheet into an empty paper towel roll and then made everybody blow the smoke through it. Worked pretty decent. Just keep the windows open, you're usually alright unless someone walks in on your circle.

12. You're just gonna have to check out the area to get a good feeling I guess. I am on the bottom of a 3 story apartment building which I think is bad for weed smell probably, but we don't give a shit anymore. I just light a candle/incense and toke away carelessly. If you really wanna be safe you could do the whole sploof thing and light lots of candles and such, but I guess it really depends on your neighbors. I live in an almost all college kid apartment anyways so i'm sure if i took a walk upstairs id smell weed all the time.

13. Yeah thats a sploof. Ive used dryer sheets w/ moist paper towel in a water bottle.

14. get a good carbon filter, with 3 people smoking and a few plants in a small area its far beyond the effective range of cheap prevention.

15. if you can, rent a house instead of an apartment. it's not always more expensive. you wanna be like, ground level and not sharing any walls with your neighbors.

people don't usually get in trouble cause their neighbors smell weed. they get in trouble cause they are too fuckin loud and then the neighbors call the cops for noise complaint then when THEY show up, your house reeks like weed and then youre in for some shit.

ive lived in apartments and houses and i waaay prefer houses 'cause you have some space in between you and your neighbors and there is no like, apartment security or rental office to deal with. just you and the landlord. right now i live with my b/f and our landlord nevvvvvver shows his face around here as long as rent is paid on time. my last landlord knew i blazed, and was totally cool. asked me to hook him up a sack, actually. hahaha =)

houses FTW! the more roomies, the cheaper the rent. i lived in a DOPE four bedroom house with a front yard, backyard, spiral staircase, and full upstairs deck for parties/bbq/tanning/growing/blazin/whatEVVVER and i only paid $500. and that's in california where its pricy as fuck to live. so you can probably find something TIGHT in a similar set-up in michigan for WAAAAAAY cheaper.

16. try and find a large apartment complex. i went to visit a friend in philly in a MASSIVE apartment complex and i just remember thinking wow, you are virtually anonymous in this place. once you get out of the main lobby it's like a sea of doors and behind any one could be an apartment grow op for all i would have known. we smoked all we wanted because the walls are solid concrete so smell leaking wasn't a problem at all, and the only door into the apartment was a very snug fit so no towel was necessary:p

17. Don't grow in an apartment, thats stupid. If you plan to grow rent a house out.

18. #18 Deleted member 159929, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2020
    a

19. it doesnt really matter if you smoke weed in an apartment

i wouldnt recomend growin but i guess you could, definetly have like a carbon filter smell filtration thing then

20. Smoking in an apartment isn't a big deal, just don't make it really obvious and don't bother your neighbors(like don't make a lot of noise r have a lot of foot traffic in and out of your place). Ozium works great, and if your just smoking get one of those bad air sponge things. If your gonna grow get a big carbon filter for the approxiamte room size, and you can do it in an spartme t, but ventilation would be a lot easier in a house.