Want to grow so i don't need to buy.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thereddfoxx12, Nov 19, 2009.

1. I want to grow like three usable white widow or kush plants using seed bank seeds. What supplies would i need, what would my yield roughly be, and how much will it cost to start. Please be in-depth and step to step. Thanks in advance.

2. Im not an expert so ill just throw out general ideas incase no one else responds.

3 plants on a good grow can yeild close to an Ounce per plant, but that doesnt mean it will be. Ive heard of people getting 20 ounces per plant in Sea of green method, but also seen a plant only yield 12 grams. Your probably going to need a grow closet. You can buy them for around 100$ little tent like things.

Research is your best bet as to how to water, how often to water, what type and how much light, The light cycles (18/6 before flowing and 12/12 during budding etc) its not too hard but that doesnt mean your going to get 3 magnificent plants the first try.

3. I'm doing the leg work now myself. I would recommend you read up as much as you can.
    Here is what I've gathered so far:

Cabinet or Closet
    Lights - cfl, hid, hps or led - I think cfl is the most economical in terms of money and heat.
    Fan - depends on the lights
    Timer - 18/6 hr veg cycle - approximately 4 weeks, 12/12 hr flower cycle 6 weeks
    Power Strip
    Soil
    16 ounce soda bottles - planters
    mylar or white paint to reflect the light.

4. Buy a book. I use cannabis grow bible. You can get good information here. But, it's important to have concrete information on hand.