Want to grab a Vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by TheStrain, Jul 16, 2012.

1. #1 TheStrain, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    I am currently at home for the summer and go to college. I do not have the luxury of my own home, and only get slight privacy. I want a vape due to the lack of smell and lack of smoke. Although I may end up getting my own apartment this year instead of the dorms.

I can spend under 200, and in that list there are obviously many options. Due to my position I will not be able to vape at home, most of the time. So I will not have a wall outlet, which is unfortunate. I really like the eq, and da buddah systems but am worried I would get limited use.

We all know of the Magic Flight, and this with extra batteries and a grinder seem perfect for the low price of 110 dollars. Although, I have some concerns. I do not want to be stuck with a sub-par product that takes a long time to get myself completely stoned. I have heard this takes a while with the Magic Flight as compared to products like the EQ or da buddah.

Any advice you all can impart unto a new vape user?

Get the Magic Flight now, or wait 2 months until I know for sure my dorm situation and whether I will have my own apartment. Either way, the idea of strolling down to the park and enjoying a nice vape in this beautiful scenery is far too enticing.

Thanks, and best regards,

The_Strain

2. I use the Arizer Extreme Q and love it.

But if you want portability that's different.

I have no experience with portable vapes yet so i couldn't tell you.

3. The hard hitting portables (that I'm also considering to supplement my Silver Surfer) are pretty much as follows..

Arizer Solo
    Da Vinci
    Thermovape
    Pax
    Inhalator

These are the one's I'm constantly debating between, the Solo currently being the most likely one I'd get at the moment.

4. Look into da buddha. Its a simple design-not hard at all to use.Its a durable vape. Just around $150 You want whip or bag style?

5. Well, I WAS going to make an attempt to provide some input... However, upon reading the responses already posted - I've CLEARLY fallen way behind the times.

Alas, I can still testify with confidence - that in the long run, you'd be better off saving your money and getting a Digi-Volcano. Having personally owned a variety of vapes, of decent quality - they all come off as shit, after I invested in my Volcano.

6. It sounds like you want a higher quality portable so you could go with the Pax by Ploom in early August or the Arizer Solo which is already known to be a top portable. For you I would say go with the Solo, but in the future or if you get that apartment definitely invest in a desktop.

7. If you want a portable vape that works great and is cheap get a vaporgenie

8. Fuck vapor genie in its cheap ass.

Hands down the Arizer Solo.

I'm quoting myself from another thread to save us all time:

9. I have become infatuated with two ideas, that limit my choice in vapes. I love the idea of having a super small vape to carry around, and just hit in "public". The second idea I have fallen for is sitting at my computer, whip in my mouth, on the internet poking around. Although, with my inability to have 100% safe surroundings I worry about the "stealth" of something like the buddah. Although I do have a regular piece... so I could just use that while on the go.

Ultimately, I want both, and will most likely have both, just trying to decide which to purchase first.

10. [quote name='"Rasta Haze"']Fuck vapor genie in its cheap ass.

Hands down the Arizer Solo.

I'm quoting myself from another thread to save us all time:

[/quote]

Have you even used the vaporgenie?

11. Hell no. I don't want a 'vaporizer' that needs a lighter to run where it takes forever to heat as you're sucking on butane fumes, and has a dumbass learning curve, and neither does anyone else not on budget.

That's why I stick to what's tried and true, and works right out of the box. Most of GC knows that there's a $100 limit on getting what you pay for - on regards to vapes.

12. [quote name='"Rasta Haze"']Hell no. I don't want a 'vaporizer' that needs a lighter to run where it takes forever to heat as you're sucking on butane fumes, and has a dumbass learning curve, and neither does anyone else not on budget.

That's why I stick to what's tried and true, and works right out of the box. Most of GC knows that there's a $100 limit on getting what you pay for - on regards to vapes.[/quote]
    Whatever man your saying all these bad things about it and you've never even tried it, there's not even a hard learning curve it takes like 5 seconds to heat up and your not sucking up butane fumes because it's getting burned by the lighter and/or your using hemp wick :wave:

13. [quote name='"kiefsmoker420"']
    Whatever man your saying all these bad things about it and you've never even tried it, there's not even a hard learning curve it takes like 5 seconds to heat up and your not sucking up butane fumes because it's getting burned by the lighter and/or your using hemp wick :wave:[/quote]

You're correct about the hempwick, but a bic lighter's butane is not going to be pure - so you may get some junk/bad taste in there as well. I don't trust inhaling straight from a butane flame for 4+ seconds in a row.

They're certainly at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to vaporizers - but they also are at the bottom when it comes to prices, and they don't pretend to be anything they aren't. My brother just got a vapor genie and I look forward to playing with it with some hemp wick.

14. Sorry but I gotta chime in on the butane thing.
    There is no such thing as butane fumes. Just co2 and water vapor. And as far as impurities, unless you regularly breathe through a hepa filter, you breathe in 1000x more irritants, chemicals and contaminants just from normal respiration.
    Sorry, but I'm kinda ocd on this issue.

Oh, and I love my mflb, for a portable it is perfect for me.

15. I am thinking to grab the MFLB first, and then later if I have the time and money grab the buddah if I truly like what Vapes give me.

Good idea, or no?

16. [quote name='"Mister Meaner"']Sorry but I gotta chime in on the butane thing.
    There is no such thing as butane fumes. Just co2 and water vapor. And as far as impurities, unless you regularly breathe through a hepa filter, you breathe in 1000x more irritants, chemicals and contaminants just from normal respiration.
    Sorry, but I'm kinda ocd on this issue.

Oh, and I love my mflb, for a portable it is perfect for me.[/quote]

You're assuming it's pure butane and a complete chemical reaction. A bic lighter will never be these things. You aren't inhaling butane fumes, true, but you're going to get a nasty taste and a high chance of inhaling some nasty stuff.

17. [quote name='"TheStrain"']I am thinking to grab the MFLB first, and then later if I have the time and money grab the buddah if I truly like what Vapes give me.

Good idea, or no?[/quote]

Horrible idea. I've seen so many people do this and go turned away from vapes. An MFLB isn't the best representation of vaporizers imo. That money is better put toward the Da Buddha.

The Da Buddha is one of the kings of vapes, it will not dissapoint, and really isn't that much money considering you're getting the best whip vaporizer on the market.

The MFLB is great if you need the stealth, but it does not perform nearly as well. Too many hardcore vaporists I know leave their MFLBs to collect dust because they just cant cut it.

MFLBs are fun - but they are the small handpipe of vaporizers - not a good representation to "see if you like vapes".

Sorry to be blunt, but I've seen countless threads and known countless people who put off or got turned off vaping for quite a while if not forever because they used the MFLB first.

If you don't need it's incredibly small size - I see little reason to get one.

18. That is the thing, I do kind-of need that small size. I would love to throw it in my pocket and run with it. Hanging out with friends, stressed at school, no problem. I smoke maybe once a week, if that, most of the time. I am not a heavy smoker, so that may be all I need. The Buddah is extremely nice, it just does not seem as convenient. Smoking is very situational for me. I may want to one minute, and not the next.

No smell, stealth, hit it in the park, at the beach, etc. I live in Washington, so the scenery is too nice to pass up.

19. For someone in your current position, you need to get the MFLB. There are literally countless threads on this site that will tell you why. Once you learn how to properly hit the box, you can easily get stoned off of 2 full trenches, which is still less then a bowl. Obviously, a desk top vape is better the launch box, but once you learn to hit the MFLB correctly it will be one of your best purchases ever. You can buy a bunch of accessories for the launch box too like various length whips, different draw tubes, power adapter, and even a bong adapter. I had one for about 6 months but the cops took it and I just ordered a new one and I hope if comes in by tomorrow. In my own opinion. Definitely worth it.

20. [quote name='"TheStrain"']

That is the thing, I do kind-of need that small size. I would love to throw it in my pocket and run with it. Hanging out with friends, stressed at school, no problem. I smoke maybe once a week, if that, most of the time. I am not a heavy smoker, so that may be all I need. The Buddah is extremely nice, it just does not seem as convenient. Smoking is very situational for me. I may want to one minute, and not the next.

No smell, stealth, hit it in the park, at the beach, etc. I live in Washington, so the scenery is too nice to pass up.[/quote]

Fair enough - there are other portables to look into though that will give you a much better experience as well. The MFLB is a very bare-bones vaporizer.