Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

want to get a bong or bubbler

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by THCvision, Oct 21, 2010.

1. What would you recommend? Bong or bubbler? I would prefer a bong but I don't have a whole lot of money to spend, trying to keep it under $150, would that range be enough to get a glass bong that will get the job done and not break or otherwise suck? Also bongs are better with slides and not carbholes right? The upside to a bubber for my situation is that it would be easier to conceal. But again bongs are just so damn cool.

2. If you can hide it real good, go with a bong. Yeah, 150 will get you a real nice one; and yes get one with a slide. Bong juice will spill out of the carb.

:rolleyes:

3. thanks man...whats up with the sarcasm face?

4. You can get a great glass on glass bong for about 100 bucks.honestly,imo,you dont need all those percs and bs like that.Maybe a diffused downstem,but all that other crap just is unnecessary.It just seems like its the "cool" thing to do right now.
    But yeah jsut my opinion.
    And bong > bubbler any day.Bongs get you STONED!!!:bongin:

5. Both are pretty sweet. Bubble might be more convienent but bong are probably more fun to smoke from.

6. You can get a mini bong and essentially have best of both words, so nice 2 smoke at home and easy 2 conceal...in my opinion any bubbler that u can stuff in ur pocket is just not worth it, i wuld stick 2 a spoon

7. #7 mrgoodsmoke, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
    Get a bong.

8. bumping up this thread because I want to ask is it really worth the money to get a percolator bong?

9. If you have the money to spend, then hell yeah it's worth it. Depending on the type of perced bong you're talking about, of course.

To the OP;
    I've had 6 bongs in my smoking career and I've never spent more than $110 on any of them, and they all do their job quite well. :p
    Granted 3 of them are grommet bongs, and 2 of them are/were (one broke) half-GonG bongs.
    But even my one and only fully GonG bong was only 60-70 bucks.

If I were you, I'd probably wait until I had my own place to bother getting something as large as a bong. But if you have the money and feel like you could pretty easily conceal it, then go for it. ;)

10. well my mom knows I smoke so its not really a big deal if she sees it. I wouldn't want my dad to see it but he doesnt go poking around my room anyway :D It will be hidden..

11. i love bubblers, but if you're able to hide a bong then hey, well worth it. imo a personal preference.

12. Aha, yeah I understand that completely. My mom knew I was smoking pot probably within the first week I started doing it, but she never really cared.
    My dad on the other hand still doesn't know as far as I'm aware. :p
    But then, he always knew to stay out of my room or he might see things he didn't want to see. He took a very "ignorance is bliss" approach to parenting. :laughing:

But yeah, you should definitely be able to find yourself a good bong for under $150.
    Best of luck, man. :smoking:

13. thanks!:hello:

14. Just for the record, this is the bong I have and use most frequently:

Weed Star Puncher Ice without Carbhole - English - Grasscity.com

A lot of people will insult Weedstar glass for not being as high quality as other more high-end tubes, but at the end of the day... this bong was cheap and has treated me right since the very beginning.
    Sure, if you think you're gonna be slamming it into shit on a regular basis then get something more sturdy, but if you're careful with your pieces then even something priced that low can last you for a long time.

I've had that one for probably almost a year now. I've even knocked it over a couple times and hit it against the sink when I was emptying the water out of it, but there's not so much as a scratch on it so far. :smoking: