want to feel the presence of God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Agalloch, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Do mushrooms. Whether you're religious or not, I've always felt a divine presence on shrooms.

2. what is for u is not for all

3. well do mushrooms and tell me you don't have a divine experience by the end of your trip. :smoking:

4. I wouldn't necessarily say they are divine. However, compared to acid, they are a much more weird, tribal, mystical type of mood.

5. I had a deeply spiritual experience my first time on mushrooms. Definitely could say it was a "divine" experience

6. Supply me with some and I'll tell you if you're right or not from my perspective.

7. I don't know about God, but I definitely feel the presence of good old 5HT when I'm on 'shrooms. That's good enough for me!

8. next time your in northern cali, get ahold of me. Soon enough I will have fuckloads to share haha.

9. Okay, being serious this time.

I've definitely had experiences while on some hallucinogens that I could describe as "spiritual." Once I felt a sudden, strong, and very deep connection to nature while watching a harvest moon turn from yellow to orange in the evening sky. Another time I was stuck in very deep contemplation about the people I know and how my actions had affected them for the better or worse. I can definitely see why both those experiences would seem divine to some people, but I've got to wonder how much of that rush of serotonin. It could be that there's just something about serotonin that "primes" you to have these experiences. But that doesn't cheapen the experience for me at all. Insight is insight, and if a particular thought or experience still makes sense when I'm sober and ultimately changes my life for the better, well that's all I was really after in the first place.

10. I have several times, it certainly makes me contemplative of things and once or twice i've thought of religion, but i would by no means describe it as a devine experience.

11. What would you consider a divine experience then? The way you word it you've had something to compare it to and thus deem it non-divine.

12. when i fell down the bluffs of gray peaks and almost bled out and was delusional

13. Mushrooms has given me something similar but im not going to relate it to god, rather the enviornment around us all, the cosmos, universe, matter, whatever you want to call it.

I have eaten around 4.5 grams of amazing quality boomers a 6 or 7 times and each time had a complete divine experience of understanding this world. I perfectly understood my place as a human nestled along with 7 billion others ones on this enormous rock floating through space.... Earth:)

I have also felt the child hood love for my parents, also thrown in with mixed memory flashbacks of pure happiness as a child maybe 4 or 5 when everything in the world is something to discover.

as for the visuals i have encountered.......... i dont even wanna start typing :wave:

14. i did shrooms twice once with 2 friends it was mad funny and once by myself which i defintly felt something divine in the area and i dont even know what i beleive but your defintly true if u want to feel god then do shrooms not acid its way to trippy for it.

15. I wish, unfortunately I live on the east coast. :(

16. #17 Mushie, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
    are there a lot of shroomies over there?

btw the east is really pretty, most of it anyways.

OP: are you a religous/spiritual person? I tend to notice people who go into trips with a spiritual/religous purpose always seem to share the whole divine pressence feeling. I feel something, however I just chalk it up to the way my brain isn't filtering out my thoughts, therefore making certain feelings/emotions way more profound. At the same time, however, I have had those times, where I can't put a finger on it, almost like a flash of security and love/well-being, a few moments of understanding that I can't take back from my trip, but I can remember it.

17. #18 PDZ, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
    how does a non divine being know the feeling of divinity? therefore it is a human quality given to gods.
    sorry u probably just wanted to talk about mushrooms