Want to buy phx tetra

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mr_prn, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Alright, so im not sure where this thread goes...so im gonna throw it here, just in case. As you all can see im new here. Ive been reading off the forums for 5 years or so...but im lazy, so i never joined. im also a long time member of the Mycotopia forums,of which im quite fond.Hopefully my lack of posts doesnt make people ignore my thread,For the last month or so ive been looking for a PHX Tetra..if you dont know what it is,or youve never seen one in action,and your reading this....you need to check it out.Ive been looking and looking for one, and i live in hillbilly town..so most of the local shops dont sell anything like that, and the ones i can find online that say they are "Licensed PHX dealers" Dont ship..and are more than an hour or more drive. I havent yet found anywhere in Chicago that sells them,and although thats quite a drive...id go that far if i REALLY had to.Ive found a couple Duos on Ebay,and ive found Ashcatchers on Ebay *which im planning on buying 2 of, hooking one up as usual, and the second into the first,brilliant,right?:p*And ive found one guy willing to sell me a used PHX Trinity for a fair price.But then i discovered they make Tetras.*the terms relate to a special patented way of chambering the smoke,theyre fucking AWESOME* and i figured...if im gonna spend the money, get the best i can.Because even a duo is pricy..and i want my moneys worth.Someone posted on these forums selling one a year or more ago...so thats outdated,but im just curious..anyone got one for sale? Send me a message.Anyone know a shop that sells them,or a website or anything...send me a message.I appreciate anyones time who reads this,and happy smoking:)

2. Not bashing on PHX's, but if you are planning on dropping that kind of coin on a tube I would research good headshops in your area (there are quite a few in Illinois that carry high end glass) and shop carefully. PHX's are nice hitting tubes, but for the money you could do much better.

3. Not really sure of the top price you'd shell out for a quality tube.

But, you can find some Great, very high end qualllllllitttty tubes for less than you'd pay for a phx even. PHX is Not that great of a brand either. Shitloads of drag and just sub par quality for the price paid.

I reccomend a nice RooR, or maybe even an EHLE. I know a site you can get them for not much at all. PM me for it, EHLE tubes are very nice also.

Peace

4. I would have to agree. I owned a phX with a triple perc and that bad boy had so much drag it wasn't very enjoyable. Although I got it for a great price from a friend I have to say that I have hit way better pieces that were half the price. I would go as far as saying my $150 bluedot hits nicer than the phX.

5. Thanks for all the help everyone,I was looking for that...magic one of a kind mad scientist thing, feel me?I checked out Toros, and some others..but im not looking for looks,and as far as the drag issue...it only happens if you dont use an ashcatcher.THis at first doesnt make sense,but the Ashcatcher actually is the only one made by anyone *without modification,because Roors can be modified like this* that has a diffuser at the end.I ended up with a PHX Tetra with a double ashcatcher setup..and its fucking BAD. I used to have a 5 foot Icebong..so the drag on this thing is defenitly minimal. However i could use that one in a million 18.8 glass slide..if anyones got a beatiful one.

6. lets see some pictures of this badboy, and maybe some milk?