Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Want some advice!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Vicarious89, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so I started smoking 2-3 years ago, and 2-2.5 of those years were more casual smoking, but starting I'd say 6 months ago I've been smoking every day, sometimes 2-3 times a day. Anyone have an idea what condition my body is in right now? I don't know TOO much about marijuana and it's long term effects, but I'm starting to wonder if I should stop/cut back or if it's ok to go a little bit longer. Anyone have any problems after smoking for a while?

Thanks!

2. Unless you're experiencing some kind of undesirable side-effects, the only thing you should worry about is your lungs. Smoking ANYTHING is bad for you, and smoking too much marijuana can indeed damage your lungs- not because of the plant itself, but because of the tar and carcinogens released through combustion. If you're concerned about your lungs, switch to a vaporizer and/or edibles.

The only other thing is that if you're smoking a lot, you'll probably build up a considerable tolerance, which isn't too good for your wallet. If money is an issue, you might want to cut back for that reason.

3. I have noticed that I don't get as high as I usually do, or I have to smoke a lot to get the high that I want. Only side effect I'm feeling so far is that my lungs are sometimes a little sore when I take a deep breath. I also have brain farts here and there where in a conversation I kind of just forget what we were talking about.

4. I'd cut back on the smoking, if only for a while. Your lungs can heal themselves if you take a break, and if you quit smoking altogether for a time, your tolerance will decrease again. I still recommend vaporizing, though.

5. How about some studies on the matter?-

Long-Term Marijuana Users Suffer Few Health Problems, Australian Study Indicates
    Long-Term Marijuana Users Suffer Few Health Problems, Australian Study Indicates

Neuropsychological Performance in Long-term Cannabis Users
    Neuropsychological Performance in Long-term Cannabis Users

Long term marijuana users seeking medical cannabis in California
    Harm Reduction Journal | Full text | Long term marijuana users seeking medical cannabis in California (2001-2007): demographics, social characteristics, patterns of cannabis and other drug use of 4117 applicants

For the record, I've been using cannabis medically for over 40 years- usually on a daily basis. I have mild lung problems which are far less severe than my son's seasonal hay-fever. And even those problems are MY own fault- I should vape more, but I'm fond of my pipes. :eek: When I vape exclusively, the lung problems go away.

Tolerance? Yes, but I grow my own as a California medical user, so I just use a bit more. It isn't that much of a problem. And I'm not looking to get "wasted", a nice "buzz" is enough.

So, if you are worried, invest in a vaporizer- I have a little Vapor Brothers- quiet, dependable and a good buy. (The cheapie "knock offs" literally STINK of cheap plastics- buy a real VB- much better quality!)

Granny :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.