Want Legal MJ in New Jersey? Get out and vote tomorrow

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by lessthanjeezy, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Tomorrow is the New Jersey Governor Primary elections. It is crucial we get a Democrat as Governor for 2018 in NJ if we want legalization of cannabis to happen. If you are a registered Democrat, go out tomorrow and vote for whichever Democratic candidate you see fit. I will likely be voting for Phil Murphy who is for full recreational legalization in the state. Another good option is John Wisniewski. If a republican is elected (the candidate will likely be Kim Guadagno - Chris Christie's Lieutenant Governor) then expect more of the terrible marijuana laws NJ currently has.

This is our time, if you are a registered democrat please get out and vote tomorrow and DEFINITELY be ready to vote in the election for governor this upcoming November. Democrat's for 2018 in NJ, let's bring legal cannabis to this state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I think Phil Murphy has my vote as well. As long as a republican is in office, NJ will never see recreational Marijuana, ever. I do not want Crispie creme version 2 (Kim)

3. No way. Just placed my vote for Phil Murphy, honestly any of the democrats to me would be ok but Phil Murphy is likely to win the nomination. Once a nomination is official, I am likely going to do some volunteer work for a candidate for the first time, I want to see this in my state so bad and do not want to see a Republican fuck it up.

4. FYI, two of the republicans (Hirsh Singh & Joesph Rullo) are both campaigning to legalize marjuana in 2018.

5. Unfortunately neither of those candidates has much of a shot. Going to be either Guadgano or Citarelli, both who do not want legalization. It's gotta be a democrat this year, hoping all of the hate for Christie helps the vote go that way.

6. Yup pretty much this. The only person who has a shot in office whos ready to legalize marijuana is Phil Murphy. Its pretty much down to Phil and Kim who will win at this point. Kim will just be Chris Christie in a dress.

7. If Murphy goes against Kim it is definitely best case scenario, she will have a very tough time winning after what everyone thinks of Christie

8. There we have it folks, the NJ Governor race will be between Phil Murphy (Democrat) and Kim Guadagno (Republican)...If you live in New Jersey and want legal cannabis, please get out this November and vote for Phil Murphy who is for full legalization in the state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Is anyone else the least bit surprised that Kim has made it this far being leut to Chris christie?

10. Not really, she was the only one with a lot of name recognition in the state...She definitely has an uphill battle at this point though. Murphy 2018, lets fucking do this Jersey.

11. I can't vote for creepy Murphy due to his gun control and minimum wage positions. Every one is right that Lil Kim is just Lil version of Christie. Personally, I don't think she has a chance.

LP has my vote again.

12. Yeah I personally don't mind the gun control position at all and my main priority in this election is for cannabis to be legalized. Number one to me.

13. Oh it's a big issue, that's for sure.

HMS prediction: It will pass, but not legal for retail stores until 2020. No provision for home growing. And the tax on legal MJ is gonna be y-u-g-e!

14. Yeah I wouldn't expect legal stores until 2019 at absolute earliest and the home grow thing while it sucks, it could still be changed prior to anything being signed into law next year... High tax on legal MJ, also don't have an issue with, it has been 21% in CO since the start, also the medical conditions would definitely be expanded and I would likely qualify at that point...

Even if stores aren't open until 2020, and no home grow, it likely will immediately be legal for an adult to possess X amount of cannabis in the state and make gifting herb legal, similar to Washington D.C...The day I don't have to worry about being arrested just for having a little cannabis on me will be a happy day regardless.

15. You're right, the taxes don't matter much when the price is low in the first place. In Colorado you can walk into a rec store and come out with an 8/th, edible and drink for $50 including tax. Shake ounces are $60 including tax. Bud ounce $90 including tax.

• Like Like x 2