Want a grow box-advice, tricks, & gear

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Arborist1212, Mar 1, 2009.

1. #1 Arborist1212, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
    I'm looking to start growing in my apartment this fall. I want to grow 6-8 plants, and i need to know what materials i'll need for the box. I'm able to afford anything not too expensive, but I definitely don't want to cheap out on this either.

So what do I need? please be specific as possible concerning what types of fans, lights, and if possible good soils and fertilizers.

As an arboriculture student i know a good bit about plant physiology, but its this whole indoor growing thing i need help with.

Thanks GC!

2. bump - help me out here people

3. The best suggestion I can give you is go through the indoor grow journals and see what ideas you can take and what ideas work for you and dont...Feel free to look at my grow box, it might not be exactly what your looking for but it can be a beginning point.

Also for that many plants your going to need a decent amount of light. Also it depends on how much $$$ you have to spend.

4. How much are you looking to spend? I just set up a cabinet for my apartment and i spent 450. But it is completely stealth, no smell, no fan noise and fits right in my closet. If that is within your budget i can send you over the info.

5. #6 Arborist1212, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    yeah i'm willing to go as high as $600. After all, i want quality product.

I'm also looking into hydroponics and gettin a kit for 6 plants. But this is my first grow, i'll mostl ikeley keep it relatively simple to work the kinks out.

6. Thanks toasty, big help.

7. first grow in hydro you bound to fail.. keep it simple for your first grow till you get a slight idea of whats goin on.

8. oh yeah for 2 of them at 5 feet by 4 feet by 23 inches wide 1 for flowering 1 for mothers i payed around 80 bucks!!!

9. Arborist - http://growboxed.com/low-grow-eco

...just something I saw for around $600. Congrats on your decision to grow your own meds. Good luck and happy growing.

Trillyen - nice box and the price is definitely right. If you're going HID make sure you can ventilate well.

10. http://www.pcgrowcase.com/ I have seen good results with these plug and play devices. A few simple mods make these lethal growing machines. I am getting mine on Wednesday if the shipping isn't affected by the damn snow. I am thinking of having a veg and 2 flower boxes when I am all said and done. I am not handy at all, nor do I have time to build stuff and get frustrated. These were good options for me, if anyone asks I am running my own server.

11. hey thanks ocd im glad some one appreciates my box other than me, lol.