Wanna lose weight

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by asypin, May 27, 2015.

1. Have you heard about human growth hormone? HGH therapy has become a popular way to lose weight and as an anti-aging therapy, and the weight loss that occurs with the therapy is relatively quick compared to other methods. Lose weight on HGH depending on how long the therapy is given and whether or not the patient is exercising throughout the therapy. I have read that HGH injections prompted an 8.8% gain in muscle mass, but more importantly (although perhaps relatedly), a 14% loss in body fat. If you combine your diet and workouts in the right way, your body won’t be able to do anything but melt away the fat!

2. Always try to do hard work and don't eat more.

3. :thankyou:

4. Don't take drugs or HGH to lose weight or you will depend on it, and there will be side effetcs. Eat less calories and do anything active you can to get your heart rate raised for at least 1 hour. The first 15-30 minutes or so is just lactic acid buildup.

Work the most on changing your diet. Stay consistent for at least 3-6 months and you will see a big difference. You can only drop 1-2 lbs of fat a week tops realistically (depending on genetics), any more is just water weight.

For the fastest way, I'd say wake up in the morning and start doing body squats and ride a bike or swim if you can (on an empty stomach) nothing but water for about an hour after the workout. You don't need to cut carbs, just simply eat less calories. 6 months later you will feel like a new person and love doing it instead of it being a chore.

5. Losing weight is just simple mathematics.. Know what your consuming vs. what your burning. More consumed vs. less burned= weight gained. Less consuming vs. more burning=weight loss. Going to the gym helps a lot with this process, but only in a cumulative way.. If you have a poor diet, going to the gym is kind of pointless.. The gym is just to help get your burn numbers up, which the majority of those figures will come from the diet you have. In context of building muscle, we can look at the gym much differently, granted your doing the correct exercises, but in the context of weight loss, the gym is secondary to diet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You're American so it would be very difficult, since we're trained to be gluttons.

But there are many way to fasting. But again, fasting for Americans is CRAZY and impossible.

7. going to the gym/exercising is never pointless even if you eat like sh*t. You can eat great healthy diet all you want, you still need exercise.

8. exercise has A LOT more benefits than just "getting your burn numbers up".
    and also it is definitely not a simple math.

not all calories are created equal and you are not a furnace, which simply burns things. metabolic process is a lot more complicated than that.

everything from insulin response to the amount of nutrition in a particular food will have a different effect on the way the food is processed.

9. Did you not see the poor diet part before hand, eluding to the fact that a diet, or eating the same food groups, makes it easier to keep track of? You took my statement completely out of context, please read it in context and try responding again. Additionally, of course working out has other benefits, but coming back to context, something you seem to be struggling with, the context of the thread is simply losing weight, nothing else.

10. yes, in the context of losing weight what you've stated is not exactly right. (first of all we're probably talking about losing fat, not weight.. two different things).

again, it's not a simple math.

a quick example would be a ketogenic diet such as paleo, atkins, etc.
    if your body is in ketosis and you have restricted carbs to the bare minimum, you can pretty much eat as many calories as you want and you'd still be losing fat, because a different metabolic process is involved.

11. Working out is far more than just burning calories too!

Working out can cause a healthy does of stress, so you are actually training your body to handle other kinds of stress as well. You also get the oxygenation, lactate which is fuel/energy for the brain, release of endorphins, improves sleep, helps your bone density, and on and on the list may go.

• Like Like x 1
  12. So true, whenever I am feeling slightly sick or having a bodily issue or even a mental issue I never see a doctor.

My prescription is increase physical activity and hydration. It will do wonders.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Am I the only one who thinks pills are useless?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pills for headaches and stuff like that. Ive gone to play football and workout with headaches and an hour goes by and it's gone without me realizing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  15. I agree, I use ibuprofen as little as I can. Sometime though when a killer headache won't go away at work and weed won't do it I'll use it.

At home I prefer a few essential oils and tea.

• Like Like x 2
  16. All i use is generic Excedrin when a nasty headache wont go away.

Other than that, no medications... Oh benedryl once in a blue moon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ibuprofen is terrible for gut health/gut flora - which deserves a whole thread on it's own, because it is extremely important.. The more you use ibuprofen the worse the headaches and pain in muscles will get as well when you're off it. Get your probiotics and stay off ibuprofen.

• Like Like x 1
  18. What would you recommend?

19. Garden Of Life Raw and the like, sold at vitamin shops but you can't let them get warm, they are sold out of the fridge, get them home quick to the fridge. 100 Billion capsule daily.

Look into natural foods like yogart, sauerkraut, etc and lots of other healthy natural foods if you're not into the supplements. Get prebiotic fibers as well. There is a lot online about it.

20. I'm not too into the take daily supplements. But thanks for the info.

I'll stick to drinking tons of water and beer for all my Pains.

Got me through some gnarly injuries