Wanna Help Me Plan My Closet Grow?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Shepherdx, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Within the next two or three days, I will be happily moving into my new apartment, which affords me some opportunities. Namely, two closets in my master bedroom with which to play in. I don't have exact dimensions, but the small one is roughly 1' deep x 1' wide x 8' high, and the larger one is the same, only about 4' wide.

In the small closet, I am expecting to be able to grow just one plant, but of basically any size. I was thinking of putting something like big bud #2 or something in here. In the other one, I have more opportunities. I could fit many small plants, or maybe something like 4 tall skinny plants, or maybe even just 2 big ass plants. I dunno, this is something I was looking for suggestions on. I am looking for quality over quantity, but having a ton of herb is never a bad thing, you know?

As far as finishing the walls, I was thinking instead of painting them flat white (unless they are already, I don't really remember...) I was going to either just suck it up and paint them, or be lazy and cheap and just tape a bunch of flat white poster boards to all the walls.

As far as air flow and venting goes, I know to put a fan in each room blowing over the canopies. I also know to bring air in under the door of the closet using a second fan. What I am stuck on is how do I set up an exhaust system? Do I actually need to drill a hole through my wall and vent into the bathroom or something?

I guess the only other thing to cover is lights. This is not my area of expertise. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks for the time :smoke:

2. hmm, for exhaust you do need to drill a hole through your wall into something, or you can install a fan like those ones they put in bathrooms with the switches, and get some lights for on the top and run the cable through to a nearby power thing or get a power thing inside the closet and also for the lights make sure they are UV lights, obviously but people have tried using regular lights lol, and hydroponic is good if you can get the equipment for hydro, it saves money in the long run, my first grow was just like how u plant plants along with the second one and i bought hydro for the third one and on my upcoming grow i still have the hydro equipment, so i'm pretty much set, i dont need any soil at all just need to check on if i get those fucking black things on my plants, but yea you get my point