Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

wanna-be stoners

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Meeksy, Nov 17, 2011.

1. youre right. im wearing a tshirt right now that says "if at first you dont succeed, smoke some fucking weed." but that doesnt mean im not a true stoner, ive smoked for ten years now (im 23..) i dont go around and bragg about smoking weed, but its not something i hide either. im proud to be a stoner chick.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah wannabe stoners seem to get on my nerves a lot too. Like this one kid i went to high school with would come in everyday acting like he was high as can be and eight hours later acted the same way during school. I myself like keeping to myself about smoking week as i'm not one of those kids going around thinking i'm cool for doing it. Now my buddy i smoke up sometimes is exactly a wannabe stoner, He goes around telling everybody how much he smokes and shit and the only time he smokes is with me which was only like 3 times if that lmao.

3. They talk it how I live it
    Idk if I'm cool with you I let you know I smoke otherwise I come off a just a cool cat
    Nice jeans probably a band tee and that sweet stoner grin always laughing and enjoying shit

4. Yeah i know a kid who use to wear a "Legalize it" shirt that had a pot leaf on it. Needless to say that guy sucks lol.

5. That annoyes me also. It's a growing thing in my college. Recently it seems to be the "cool" thing, like it's almost a fashion statement to smoke weed at my college. It's shameful the amount of people who act big because of it but know little to nothing about marijuana itself. I wouldn't class myself as a stoner, although I'm hardly ever without weed.

6. I've smoked pot for 16 years. yet via your description i'm a "wanna-be" stoner.

I'm at the store looking for coconut oil, clerk ask me what I need it for, I answer.. I have a pound of trim at home that I need to make edibles from.

I'm at the store and ask for orange top zig zags, lady brings me these blue weird ass ones..I state I wont roll or smoke a joint with these, please get me the orange tops.

I've never gone explicitly out of my way to let people know I smoke, but I never hide it either.

Every single person in my family knows I use Cannabis, from my hardcore religious grandparents to my inattentive mother. I tend to choose my friends around my cannabis use, if the person is uncomfortable with me ducking out back for a quick toke and understands that if you spend anymore than 3 hours with me its likely i'm smoking something at some point.

Now as far as talking it up like its teh coolest thing in the world? Meh not so much, maybe when harvest comes around I get really excited about my girls and i start talking to my brother and mom a little and let them know when they can/cant come around ie when drying I'm on lock down for the most part.

So yea i dunno, it not like being a stoner is something to even be proud of. Most "stoners" i know fall into the lazy fucking pot head category.

7. And what the fuck is wrong with his shirt?

I think you suck.

8. I hate people that thing it's "cool".... like wtf man!

Toke because you enjoy it! :smoking:

9. Nah I'd wear all the dead shirts I wanted, I have grateful dead stickers all over my car and no one says anything to me about em, I think most people have forgotten about them

10. I don't see the problem with talking about iit and advertising you do it. Why try and hide it?

I'm also a wanna-be stoner by your definition (aside from the marley, raggae, and cigs.)

In my opinion, a wanna be talks about how hardcore of a pot smoker they are, but they know nothing about the plant at all. If you blab about it 24/7 and wear apparel that clearly dictates you are a stoner, but you know your information about the plant, then you are not a wanna be.

11. Say what you will about wannabes, but what's the problem with wearing weed leaves 'n mushrooms?
    Had this for about five years (less than half of my smoking career). I assure you, I'm far from a wannabe (and it's pretty obvious I smoke weed regardless of what I wear; goes with the hair and eyes).:smoke:

[​IMG]

The back used to be a load of drawings and words by me but they faded. Same on the front but I never got around to re-doing it (the face and the 'L' of 'LSD' is all that (sort of) remains).
    (Attack of the parenthesis)

12. If it makes them happy, then fuck it.

13. Why do you care about what other people wear? How do you know that dude with the tie die MJ shirt isnt from cali and has been smoking longer than you? Dont be so judgemental man I dont think theres such a thing as a wanna be stoner I mean if you smoke weed you smoke weed who cares if you wear a bob marley shirt its what they like.

14. #34 Connorjbp, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    I agree, The only thing you can ever tell about me being high or the fact i smoke pot are my eyes, they don't go red but they do stay Asian looking due to the fact i stay medicated. i only have one Bob Marley shirt and that's only because my mother bought it for me a long time ago. i dont go around going ohhh dude you remember that fat j we smoked, or giggle like a retard and all that,

15. since when were they're rules about being a true stoner?

let them do them & you do you.

no offense, but he must not be a loser if you are his child's mother...LOL. just saying.

16. it's filthy hippies that i have a problem with

17. lmao, i hear ya. fuck hipsters.

18. i had very bad taste when i was a teenager.. trust me im disgusted with myself for it. and ive changed a LOT since back then

19. Way to bitch about your baby daddy online

20. I'd prefer people not to know at all because of stupid stereotypes. It's not that I'm ashamed of it, I just feel it makes things easier if no one knows.