Walmart Grow Light Quality

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NG123, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Was wondering if two MJ plants would do okay under 4 of these lights? Dont know if to go off of the 65 watt equivalent or the 8 actual watts being used. 65 by 4 is 260 which I think is decent but on the contrast 8 by 4 is 32...which is not so good

Attached Files:

2. Not gonna be nearly enough. Will work for seedlings.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Would be good for a little herb patch, perhaps some parsley. Or basil

5. You're correct using 32 total watt. I myself use the 24 watt LED shown. For seedlings. For 7days. After that, you get what you pay for friend

Attached Files:

6. No.

HLG QB’s 30watts per squat foot

Blurples 30-40 watts per square foot

HPS 50-60 watts a square foot

Look at the foot print in which you’re trying to flower before you buy lights. Buy accordingly.

Do a lot of reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Does it help that the plants are in a grow tent with mylar as the reflection and a reflector for the lights?

8. Not really no, most of us on here grow in tents, at the end of the day it’s about the differences in penetration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. So what's a good wattage for a 2 by 4 area with 2 plants in the tent? Should I just get hps lights?

10. Also its 7 foot tall

11. LED is a great way to go, but you don't want to fill up your tent with those cheap bulbs. Look at quantum boards. You'll want 240w of lm301b diodes. If you want plug and play, there are great lamps on Amazon. This one would fill your tent perfectly. Most people run HLG, but these are similar, and I love mine. They're also a little cheaper and higher wattage than similar HLG plug and play options. You could also try Spider Farmer.

If you're into DIY, there are even more options.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk