Wall Unit Grow #2

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by THeCloset, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Bought more organic fert's today. Blood meal and BOne meal. I'm going to use these in the sticky sides method.

I also bought a humidity guage and a humidifier

The humidifier has only one setting, on, but with an added fan it's staying at 70 % relative humidity, and just under 80 deg F.

the seedlings are already responding to the added humidity, little growth spurt.

2. The seedlings I planted a couple of weeks ago were planted in a medium of 25 % each perlite, vermiculite, peat moss, and worm castings.

I lightly mulched with crushed eggshells (rinsed), and tea grounds.

I fed them a seedling tea for the first two weeks,

ingredients

4 L water
    1/5 cup worm castings
    1tbsp molasses
    1tbsp liquid kelp

Then I noticed, after two weeks, that growth had slowed if not halted, and the first sets of true leaves on each of the five seedlings yellowed.

So I figured it was nitrogen deficiency.

I watered them with a 1 tbsp fish emulsions/ 4 L water, lightly mulched with vegetative bat guano. BOOOM! Within twelve hours it was apparent that all my little fellers needed was a little Nitrogen.

I plucked off the yellowed leaves and watered them with straight water for two days. They look great! nice and green on their 5th internodes.

I kept em real close to the lights so they're awful swuat (good thing in my case)

bout 3" tall with first set of single bladed leaves plucked off, 1 set of 3 bladed leaves, 2 sets of 5 bladed leaves and another set of leaves on the way.

Tomorrow they'll receive their first vegetative tea.

Ingredients

5 cups water
    10 mL worm castings
    10 mL vegetative bat guano
    1/2 TBSP molasses
    1/2 TBSP Liquid kelp
    1/2 TBSP Fish emulsions

All ingredients I found at a local hydroponic shop half an hour away

3. Awesome, Im bookmarking this page so when I start my next grow I have something to work with. Im subscribing to the thread so get some new pics up ASAP. I wanna see how they are looking.

4. Yeah, I will. Just now I've finished wiring in a new light. I took out all six 23 W cfl's and put in a 250w cfl (mogul socket) then I threw in two 23 w cfl's for side lighting.

total watts 296W

total lumines 17200 Lumines

They're still young but they look great.

5. Finally Some Pictures

Cabinet.JPG
    1. Grow Cabinet

Flowering Cabinet.JPG
    2. New Flowering Cabinet (Under Construction)

Fertilizers.JPG
    3. Fertlizers and Supplies

Prepared Soil.JPG
    4. My Soil I've Prepared for the Transplant

Hardware.JPG
    5. Hardware, Humidifier, Heater, Fan

CFL support.JPG
    6. New 250 W CFL I've Installed

6. Now The Plants

Grow.JPG
    1. Grow Setup

Setup.JPG
    2.Grow Setup

Plants.JPG
    3. My Girls (Hopefully)

Plants 2.JPG
    4. My Girls

Overview.JPG
    5. Birds Eye View

7. Looks good man, I saw your odour eliminator thread and followed you here, any updates?

8. #28 THeCloset, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
    This grow failed because I broke up with my girlfriend and had to move. Had lost my job. Shitty time. Plants had to go. But I've been involved in a few projects since then and I've just started a new journal for the grow I am currently setting up. Check it out in my link. Will be called cabinet grow #3.