WALL FUNDING UPDATE..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro harley, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Open borders then? And I didn't post that picture of the world. Are you against drivers licenses too?

2. I'm all for open borders, but we must eliminate the welfare state first. Make individuals responsible for their own wellbeing and open the gates.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. #1323 Cactus Ed, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    I've been trying to find someone to replace my backyard fence, paint a house, and add insulation to my attic. I've called 4 contractors and only one came out to look and he didn't call back. He's not even returning my calls. I'd love to sponsor an illegal family that's waiting on their court date if the husband can do this kind of stuff and the wife can be a maid. Solve a problem, two birds with one stone. The liberals would probably object and call it slavery but I bet there's a lot of those families that would go for it. If they had a teenage daughter I could find a job for her too. I guess I should say I'm kidding about the daughter but a teenage son that could help his dad do the work I'd go for.

Does anyone think they would stay and work or would they melt into America?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. You'd want the ones who have been here for awhile. Some of the jobs you mention require skilled labor. You might can do ok with the maid thing, but the dad would only be useful digging post holes and picking up trash - under supervision. Unless you only need a crooked fence to last a month.
    The boy would do an amazing job at pulling weeds. And fast, too!

5. I'm pretty good at telling people what to do. I know how to do everything and have all the tools, what I don't have is a young body and the motivation to use it.

6. It's been awhile on a wall funding update. How much do we have now?

7. $22,217,688 of $1.0B goal...Plus a few billion.

I'll be dammed ..The go fund me account is still dripping green backs. 400 miles of wall on the wall 400 miles of wall, take one down and pass it around, 400 miles of wall on the wall...

cough, cough ..gorrila glue.

8. Dripping into a hot ass desert and evaporating.

9. I agree on the hot ass desert. By the end of this month it will be hot enough to kill small children within 2 or three hours without shelter. Maybe the invasion will slow down while we get some wall up. The safety of the children should be a big concern for DHS....They are known for taking children away from their parents for endangering the life of a minor...Come to think of it people get arrested for leaving their dog in the hot sun..

If we were all honest with each other we would realize that the wall would save lives..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Open borders?..why so we can have more child molesters and rapists, and drug gangs and ms13 come on in?..that's pretty stupid unless your a Democrate, then I can understand why you think your loony idea of open borders is intelligent

11. IMO the problems you worry about are dealt with much better if based on private property rights rather than monopoly rights of force by a state. Of course this is under the assumption that democracy as we know it falls right along with the idea of building walls around a continent.
    I view the solution of walls to immigration similarly to building prisons for holding drug addicts. It does nothing to battle the underlying problem. A substantial portion of foreigners are drawn like addicts to meth by the possibilities of what America's welfare systems and the progressive left promises them and their families. People coming from places where they live on less than 5 dollars a day to a promise of the American dream, except not through voluntary exchange but rather through force.
    I recognize that not having a immigration policy is disastrous when law is determined by democracy rather than law. We have become what George Washington feared when he answered many political questions of his day with the statement "We are a nation of laws, not men."

• Like Like x 1
  12. Look, let these folks run into Russia or China in mass droves and see how they would handle it,
    I doubt it would be very nice, if I walked into your house and told you to get out this is my home now, how the heck would you feel,
    There is no difference at all.
    Maybe the folks who are for open borders should let a few come in with ebola or something to infect our country, all on the basis on careing about thier fellow man..then see how they feel when thier loved ones contract some terrible disease and someone dies, then I bet this open borders bullshit would come to a stop,
    This is our country, not theirs..and thier problems are not or should not be ours, we have enough Americans here to take care of.
    Remember, take care of your own home first before worrying about someone elses,

13. Actually there is a huge difference, I lock my doors to keep everyone off and out of my property, not yours. You're the one trampling on property rights by telling people who they can associate with and who they can have on their own property.
    Why don't we start by abolishing our tax funded welfare system and tax funded bilingual literature for welfare and other tax funded services. They encourage immigration of lower class citizens who have little need to assimilate or participate economically to our country. Instead we should promote free market, non aggressive private property based societies built on voluntary exchange and the recognition of natural law. Courts, police, national security, services and luxuries just like now but privately owned and more accountable.
    This would encourage more immigrants who believe in personal responsibilities and are more eager to assimilate, cooperate and peacefully exchange goods and services. People who are eager to better themselves through work and contributing to society rather than taking.
    Drug abuse and crime are closely linked to wealth or lack of, personal (private) ownership and upward mobility which is also best provided by a open free market, private property based economy and society. Building walls are like putting bandaids on an amputation.

• Like Like x 1
  14. That being said, in a democratic society like the one we are in now, we need some serious immigration restrictions or we are FUCKED!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. They act like they have a right to be here, no they don't, like my dad said "I didn't join the u.s military for those people, I joined for the American people, we owe these illegal immigrants NOTHING!
    THEY are talking taking advantage of our welfare system and our good nature, pretty soon our country will not be able to support all of them and we go broke..then what? What about the crime, these people do not want to follow our laws, they could care less, and that my friend, is a major problem

16. I will agree with you..if we do not clamp down on this imigration problem, telling you as seriously as I know how..this country is screwed..can we at least agree on this?

17. Go
    Trump!

18. Let me grow legal il throw a few bricks on the wall :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. It's ok. Mexico will pay for it!

:lmafoe:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.