Walking Dead Comic

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Mogwai, Mar 21, 2012.

1. It's hard for me to decide a worst part because I love all the parts. The rise of the governor is probably the best though. Its killing me to have to wait to read the new issues, I like to binge on my media.

2. #22 Mogwai, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
    I'm about to read issue 90 to the current issue. Shit was pretty crazy on the last issue I read so I can't wait to see what's about to happen

I hear issue 100 is supposed to be wild so I want to be caught up for it

3. So shit is about to go the fuck down. Kirkman said that issue 100 will be the darkest moment of Rick's life.. but what could be darker than seeing your wife and newborn child blow away in front of you?

Maybe this will be the issue Carl dies? I kinda hope so. The death of his son and last family member would be dark... or maybe Rick goes into the camp they're planning war with and just destroys a bunch of innocent civilians, and then upon reflection he discovered he has sort of turned into what the Governor was.

Or perhaps Carl will do something? He's been acting pretty fucking weird and there's ideas floating around that he is suffering brain damage. Maybe Rick will see Carl kill a member of their group for a shallow reason, or perhaps Carl will do something sick to a member of the opposing camp, showing Rick that he has failed to truly protect his son and that the innocence and humanity have finally been lost?

I don't know, but I'm incredibly interested and hyped. Anybody read up on the latest issues? This arc is called "something to fear", so what is it that's meant to be feared?

Oh and since we have a book section can a mod move this there?

4. Issue 100 is being released in about 5 minutes!

5. Ive never hear of them before. How long is a comic? Is it like a graphic novel or a comic book? How much are they? I like the show im pretty interested

6. #26 Mogwai, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
    The comics are like ~20 pages each or so each issue, and there's 100 issues now. There are bigger books that are more like graphic novels that have a handful of issues in them, then there is a huge book with the first 50 issues in it. Issues are like $3 each I think.

Personally I just read them online though so I may be wrong about the price. I'm hoping to buy the huge 50 issue book and then get the second one that comes out soon though because the covers are awesome. I also wouldn't mind picking up 100 with the cover of Rick standing over all his dead friends

7. i torrent them

also fuck yeah gonna get baked and read this shit.... if its up.

8. [quote name='"Broses"']i torrent them

also fuck yeah gonna get baked and read this shit.... if its up.[/quote]

Yeah it's up.. if you mean 100 anyway. If you read into all the hype leading to 100 it can let you down. If you read it as just another issue then it's pretty good. It's all based around a single event though, and I was expecting to see a lot more stuff happen. The event featured is pretty crazy though.

We finally have another human antagonist who might be even meaner than the governor

9. this dude is already as fucked as the governor.

he took enjoyment out of caving glens skull in, threatened to have his people run a train on carl, and made them their slaves.

i was really expecting Maggie to die this issue, not Glen.

10. I was gonna buy the 8 alternate covers of the 100th issue, but my uncle bought them all (He doesn't even read the comics) and refuses to let me read or touch them. I was saving up for them and he fucks me over. Complete bullshit.

11. I need to go out an buy the other issues... lol I didn't know the 100th was released already I'm only on 98.

12. They went on sale on the 6th. My uncle bought them all last Wednesday (The day that I had enough money to pick them up), the worst part is that he knew I was trying to collect them.

13. I usually just wait until my little brother buys them, then I just read his...lol Good thing I got him hooked on the comics.

14. My husband and I just bought all the covers yesterday,i picked up an extra one to actually read without worrying about creases and all I have to say is Kirkman can suck a big one. I loved Glenn. :(

15. I'm not sure I like where this series is going.

Oh and here's a new interview with Kirman

dailydead.com/exclusive-robert-kirkman-talks-issue-100-and-the-future-of-the-walking-dead/

It talks about Glenn's intended fate and the future of Rick. There's talk of Rick dying sometime and the series going on.. but I don't buy it. You can't trust what Kirkman says in interviews since he seems to intentionally try to throw readers off.

But IF Rick dies.. that's the end for me. I don't care about anyone but him. Any interest I have in other characters is because I'm interested in how they'll affect Rick. No Rick = no TWD.

But like I said, I think he's trollin'. he has said this is "Rick's story"