Wal-Mart Scott Soil...mushroom?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Djz020, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Check this out... i went to take a look at one of my blue dream plants growing in Scott soil from Wal-Mart, found a mushroom growing in it!! Has anyone ever had this happen? Is this bad?

Attached Files:

2. Mushroom compost probably..
    Check the bag..Scotts=Miracle Grow..= Time release nutes= Bad for cannabis..

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thx.. :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  4. The mushroom itself isn't bad. Just means you have a fungal compost thing going on. Miracle Grow (Scott's) on the other hand isn't too good. Not saying it won't work. Just saying time released nutrients stay in the soil longer and won't wash out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mushrooms can come from many different products and not usually mushroom compost. Mushroom compost tends to be pasteurized before going out. Of true products I have used GH Anceint Forest tends to often give me ink caps, then I almost always get mushrooms from cow pots. Also much of your composts and manures (specially in combination with straw) hold spores and mycelium depending if they sat out very long, the exception being steer manure I am pretty sure it get pasteurized also due to feed lots being such gross places. Then there is also the chance they just blew in.

6. Gunna eat that 'shroom?
    Miracle Grow may not be good for weed, but that fungi loves it ;)