Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Waking up with a crazy thirst in the middle of the NIGHT?? From smoking?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by what_ever, Feb 3, 2005.

1. This thread is for those of you who like to toke at night, or close to when you're about to go to sleep. While it doesn't happen all the time, I frequently wake up in the middle night if I've had a few bowls before bed with a CRAZY thirst.

I go grab whatever I can find, drink it like mad and fall right back to sleep. This never happened before, it's always when I've smoked. It's really weird, I'm not concerned about it or anything but I'm curious if anyone's experienced this.

The thirsties. :hippie:

2. yea not a big deal i wake up after a nite of toking with dry mouth

3. Yah...happens too me all the time... I learned to jsut keep a 32 ounce bottle on my headboard. lol...sometimes when i wake up in the morning its empty and i cant even remember drinking any of it.

4. yea it happens to me to and ive learned never to drink oj I just wake up later on thirstier than I was before.

5. Kottonmouth son.

6. Haha Pasties, I hate those sometimes right after I smoke weed Im dieing of thirst!! Yea, its sucks waking up with pasties, just keep a drink by your bed

7. i get it too. usually at about 4am after i smoked that night. i wake up and am like ugh...need water...fast. i run to the fridge and get an ice cold glass of water. nothin' better. the water helps flush my system too so the next morning when i hit the toilet to recover from how much i ate (munchies) my stomach doesn't hurt so bad.

8. Yeah this happens to me sometimes too, in a half high/asleep daze i stumble to the fridge and chug something, but the water idea to help clean me out sounds better...I think ill go for that if I wake up with the thirsties from now on. :smoke:

9. yea it sux but there is nothing better than going to sleep stoned i sleep so good i just never wanna get up

10. Yeh I always keep a bottle of water near my bed, its crap waking up with extreme drymouth and no liquid around. But usually when im stoned, I rarely wake up from my deep sleep.

11. That happens to me a lot, but I don't think smoking has anything to do with it. It's just that you havn't had anything to drink in a long time, and your mouth hasn't done anything to renew what's in it for a while.

12. bullshit. i study my habits and behaviors on weed all the time and different stuff i do as opposed to when sober. yes, sometimes you wake up thirsty when sober, but almost everytime after you smoke you wake up thirsty. depends on how much you smoke and how little you had before you went to sleep. it depends on everyone's situation, but to say that it doesn't affect it at all is crap.

13. yea dat happens to me even when i don smoke, its jus from sleepin and breathin through ur mouth, dries it out nicely

14. That shit happens to me all the time.... I hate it!

15. I toke before bed all the time, it's a habit actualy. But, I never wake up in the middle of the night with dry mouth, ever. I guess that's a good thing. Although I'll wake up parched in the morning.

16. Yeah this happens very rarely when I don't smoke, but as far as I'm aware nearly every time when I do smoke. I just keep like 5 1L water bottles around the house so there's always one nearby.

I'm actually here looking to see if everyone else always wakes up around 12-3AM after smoking before bed

17. I think it's just cause some people sleep with their mouths open or something.