Wake Up!!

Discussion in 'General' started by JamezIsAcuNt, Nov 9, 2011.

1. this is how a reasonable person views religion

2. But you do admit that the Quran contains violent passages. Come oooooon. Admit it! lol

3. This is absolutely correct.

It makes sense, though. The majority of the violent passages in the Bible are found in the Old Testament. The date ranges for the canonical Old Testament range from the 6th century BCE to the 1st century BCE.

The Quran, at least Mohammed's version of it (which wasn't compiled until after his death) dates to the 7th century CE.

It is no secret that by the 7th century CE civilization was much more established, and moral codes were much more firmly in place. War, having been waged for centuries, was much more humane (for lack of a better word) than centuries past, as well.

One should expect that a book written a millennium later than the Hebrew scriptures would be much less violent. What we find, unfortunately, is that the Muslims historically did not follow their scriptural edicts. Neither did the Christians or Jews...so perhaps the real problem is not with the religion, but with humanity itself.

4. The bible contains more and worse promotion of violence, i would rather be a muslim than a Christian.

5. That might not be a fair assessment. The Muslims still hold the Hebrew scriptures to be, well, scripture. They just believe that they were tampered with, which is the whole point of the Quran: to restore G-d's will to mankind in a pure form.

Islam is much closer to paleo-Judaism than Christianity is

6. [quote name='"skunky monkey"']

The bible contains more and worse promotion of violence, i would rather be a muslim than a Christian.[/quote]

Not true.. The old testament is very violent, but that was written by the hebrews. The new testament(Christian addition to the old testament) advocates no violence. The Qu'ran on the other hand encourages its followers to offer other religious people 2 options: conversion to Islam, or death.

7. Word. Lesser of two evils, I got it.

8. Stopped reading as soon as I saw you were pro-Islam.

Its a sickening cult thats taking over my country

9. What country is that, you dweller of hell?

edit; im sorry

10. I think it's pretty obvious by now that this guy is just another sad, typical 13-year-old troll desperately seeking attention.

[​IMG]

11. What kinda shit is that bro?

Heres my opinion: Islam is bad, because it will spread communism. OP Fuck your religion and you aswell for trying to spread this bullshit, were not praying to your god.

12. not even close

13. someone with some sense