Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

waiting to exhale

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by isis_420, Jul 14, 2002.

1. just a question - how long should you hold the smoke for maximum stonage?

2. i don't hold smoke in anymore than 5 seconds, i really don't remember most the time and only hold it in for like 2 seconds.

3. When im running low (like tonight:)) i try to hold as long as i can, like 20 sec.

4. usually until i laugh...causing the red alert and i dive for the floor vent to breathe the sweet cool air.which soothes the throat and lungs...haha, we have plans for every situation, accidental laughage through the nose, we have vicks nasal spray:D...we got it alll worked out

5. Well, if we were all in one place smokin' the same weed then we could do an extensive test study. That would be fun, too. Losing our hits from laughing at each other trying to hold hits in.

I hold my hits in for a while. I have a habit of taking a drink of water after I suck it down into my lungs and it helps me keep the hit longer. Don't have a reason why but that's what I do.

::I have a weird thing! I never really thought of having a "weird thing" that I do when I get high.::

6. before i stopped toking, i'd hold hits in for as long as a minute (or longer). it'd depend on the type of weed and how huge of a hit i took. my friends used to love smoking w/me 'cause i'd take as huge a hit as possible and try to hold it w/o coughing. in doing so i'd make some weird faces... some funny stuff, lol.

7. The longer you hold it in, the more the crystals can expand in your lungs, the moresmoke you blow out, the more high you waste. If you smoke a small joint, and hold the hoots in not to waste smoke, it's just as good as waisting smoke on a joint three times the size. If you blow your hoots out to show how big a hoot you got, it wasn't much of a hoot at all, was it?

8. whaaaaaat???

9. my thoughts exactly.

10. 2-3 hours maximum! LOL

Try to gulp it down into your stomach and you can hold it for a long time, 15 to 30 minutes. 'Course when you drink that next beer, you will have a stinky belch that will make your nose hairs burn off and the paint will peel off the walls.

11. Well, at least you don't have to spend the time to groom your nostril fur!!!

12. more thc gets absorbed if you hold it in as long as you can

13. i should hold my hits in longer

14. i guess i'm about 3hrs and 58 mins off from that.

gee, i bet you're really fun to smoke with, big lungs. lol

15. not to mention the cloud of smoke that comes along w/the burp, LOL... i've always been amused by that

16. Crystalization
    The longer you hold it in, the more the crystals can expand in your lungs, the moresmoke you blow out, the more high you waste. If you smoke a small joint, and hold the hoots in not to waste smoke, it's just as good as waisting smoke on a joint three times the size. If you blow your hoots out to show how big a hoot you got, it wasn't much of a hoot at all, was it?

Your Blood Transports the things like o2 or "Air" from your lung to the rest of your Body where it is needed( ok, this for the 5th Grade Schoolkids) Smoke from Weed will hit your Lung and the blood will get it from there and transport it to your Brain, but, like the O2 it will only get 10-15% of this per Second(depends on how healthy is it) so you must hold it for 5 to 10 seconds to get all weed smoke to your brain.