Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Waiting for better results?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ScrumptiousKush, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Okay so a friend of mine told me that if you store (high grade) bud away from a good amount of time (a couple weeks or so) the potency increases. He said he tried it himself and said that he smoked half of an ounce one month then the other half the next month and he said when he smoked the other half it got him a lot higher. I don't think this guy is taking in to perspective which method he used to smoke each time and the fact that the first time he smoked it he could have had a higher tolerance than the second time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this "theory" has no logic behind it? He also said a very legit (cannabis cup winner) told him this...

2. curing lol

iv never heard of someone curing purchased bud, if you cure it in jars like that after its just been dried it gets better

3. Never heard that before. THC degrades over time, and since there wasn't a burping regimen (that was mentioned), thats what would happen.
    There used to be a rumor that you could put degraded bud in an ice chest with dry ice and it would have increased potency when the dry ice evaporated. Don't know if that one works.

4. It wont increase potency, but the process of curing bud does make is taste better.

5. He did mention doing this when his mom grew her own which in that case yes, it does make since because she would have to cure her bud. But purchased bud, no, I'm pretty sure it does not get better over time. Unless theres always the possibility if when he bought it it was already a little less potent and so storing it well put it back to its maximum? thats always a possibility but my friend made it seem as if if you have any high grade but AT ALL, it will get better the longer you hold on to it which im pretty sure isn't true.

6. It is during the actual curing process that "cannabergerol (CBG) is converted to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)". Premium weed can have a good 4 to 6 month conversion time during curing. I can tell the difference when I sample at different times during the cure.

7. It'll make it less harsh, not more potent though.

8. Some weed can't be helped by curing. If the weed is just crappy due to genetics or more likely poor growing conditions, nothing you can do will make it better. I've read that Afghani strains don't cure well.

But, the better grown/strain weed will do better to about 6 months at the max, then not much more happens but the weed will start to degrade over a period of time.

9. So what everyone is saying is that yes, it is possible for some bud to get better only because it hasn't reached its maximum curing potential? Which makes sense, but then that means if it has already been cured to the max then theres not much you can do but toke up and enjoy it!