....Wait, what?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ParanoidAtBest, Nov 29, 2011.

1. I know I bitch a lot. But.. wait, what?

So, I'm in the van with my father last night, heading to my court ordered anger management class which is only an hour long.. and I tell my dad.. I have a legit job oppurtunity. He tells me he won't take me and that I should wait to find out if we're moving or not. He needs me to move with them as he can NOT remodel the house by himself considering the fact that his arm is fucked up. Also, I will let you know also that I'm really having second thoughts about ALL OF THIS SHIT. Just because all this negative shit here, I mean.. all this negativity thats happened in my life, doesn't that mean that's just MORE ENERGY that I can TURN INTO POSITIVE? I mean, if I got a job here, I could have friends, dealers, many colleges, every thing.

SO IF I CAN'T GET A JOB.. what do? What the FUCK?

Any advice on THIS ONE, guys?

Cheers.. sigh.

-PaB (getting sick of being AT BEST.. Paranoid.) :mad:

2. Perhaps you could explain your position to your dad and see if he would let you go ahead and get the job. Unfortunately, if you are under 18 you have to go along with your parents. Keep your chin up.

3. just think positive, and positive will happen

4. Just talk to your Dad like an adult?

Tell him you have job opportunities where your at, friends, college, etc.
    If he doesn't understand? Well tell him you just don't agree and you wont be moving with him because your an ADULT and can make your own ADULT choices.

5. I tried. He feels the same way. HOWEVER, he said he would take me to apply tomorrow, which si what I'm gonna do. FINGERS CROSSED.

I'm starting to agree with that 1,000,000%.

Well, we'll see what happens. I'm going tomorrow to apply. :D

6. [quote name='"ParanoidAtBest"']I know I bitch a lot. But.. wait, what?

So, I'm in the van with my father last night, heading to my court ordered anger management class which is only an hour long.. and I tell my dad.. I have a legit job oppurtunity. He tells me he won't take me and that I should wait to find out if we're moving or not. He needs me to move with them as he can NOT remodel the house by himself considering the fact that his arm is fucked up. Also, I will let you know also that I'm really having second thoughts about ALL OF THIS SHIT. Just because all this negative shit here, I mean.. all this negativity thats happened in my life, doesn't that mean that's just MORE ENERGY that I can TURN INTO POSITIVE? I mean, if I got a job here, I could have friends, dealers, many colleges, every thing.

SO IF I CAN'T GET A JOB.. what do? What the FUCK?

Any advice on THIS ONE, guys?

Cheers.. sigh.

-PaB (getting sick of being AT BEST.. Paranoid.) :mad:[/quote]

I love reading your story so i want you to be happy and get this job! What are you applying for anyway?

7. I really appreciate it. I'm actually updating it as we speak. I've been having waht they call "writers block", I guess? Well, it's a packing factory. I'll be packing shit into boxes all day lol. My friend said she's gonna move my application to the top when I apply! :smoke:

8. Far out, man! Good for you!

I packed shipping containers for a couple of years (forklift). Nice job. I loved it.

I am glad to see things are looking up for you a little. :)

9. [quote name='"ParanoidAtBest"']

I really appreciate it. I'm actually updating it as we speak. I've been having waht they call "writers block", I guess? Well, it's a packing factory. I'll be packing shit into boxes all day lol. My friend said she's gonna move my application to the top when I apply! :smoke:[/quote]

Good shit my man :D

10. TL;DR you want a job and your dad said no because he wants you to help him remodel the house? You talked to him about it, he said no, and then he changed his mind later? I don't see the issue here

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought this thread was started today. Glad to hear everything was resolved. Now go make dat money

11. My buddy talked to the hiring manager; she's gonna put my app on the top. I'm going down there tomorrow to put in an application. :D

12. Get a cab to the job interview.

13. You're late. Since then, I've gotten kicked out.

14. So how are you doing lately, ParanoidAtBest?

15. I don't really care if I was late or not, I was just pointing out an obvious choice :)
    A cab isn't that hard to get if you normally have money for bud, I'm sure you could have afforded a simple cab ride.

16. I don't normally have money for it, and cabs are expensive as hell

17. Take the bus, ride a bike, ask a friend for a ride, walk, run, hitchhike, skateboard, gallop, crawl, tumble, roll, fly, teleport,

18. Explain to him that you need a job to work towards being a productive member of society. Explain to him that getting a job here won't necessarily keep you from moving with him, that you can always quit your job or request a transfer (if you work for a big chain). But that there's no reason for you not to get a job and start saving, while you're waiting on word if you're actually moving or not.

I think if you sit down with him, explain the reasons why you want a job, and that your job won't necessarily be a permanent thing tying you down to your town, he might be more receptive. Perhaps he's just afraid you're going to get a job, stay, and ditch out on him. Qualm those fears and you might have a chance.

Or you could just say fuck it and get a job anyway (you're 18 right?). You don't need his permission or transportation. You're an adult, you can figure out how to get yourself around. Your city probably has a bus system. If not, or it's too inconvenient you can always walk or bike. Great for your body too. When my car broke down I biked to work for like two weeks, 5 miles both ways with some pretty steep hills. It sucked at first, but then it started to make me feel awesome.