Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wait, do you even have to be 18 to buy rolling papers?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ahh420, Dec 12, 2009.

1. i just bought some papers the other day and got carded sooooooo yes you do have to be 18 to buy them.

2. your mate must go to the dodgy shops

thats wat we did

3. ^ that

It's kinda like trying to buy a tabacco pipe if you're 14. The pipe's use is for smoking something out of, which you're not allowed to do under 18 anyways, even if you tell them it's for something (ie: using it in an art project somehow)

Now I've seen some school plays where a kid will play as a character with a pipe, but they're usually plastic, or even if they're real it's the school letting them use it for the play (which can obviously been seen by people).

But just do like some do, ask someone older (that u know will do it) or make ur own pipe,bong, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Around the parts where I live in Southern California, A minor could go into a smoke shop and buy a bong, pipe, lighter, etc... They just dont let a minor buy tobacco

5. yea i know in NY it's 19

6. Of course you do have to be 18 to buy Rolling Papers, it says "Parental Advisory" right on the son of a bitch!

• Like Like x 1
  7. yeah i get carded every time? any1 ever hear of randys rolling papers? they have a built in roach clip, they are pretty cool haha

8. It's completely retarded. Everybody knows what it's for but it's not tobacco product. Same thing applies to bongs/pipes it's just a piece of metal or glass. On those grounds you can't buy toilet paper untill your 18 or a vase or whatever...

9. They never do seem to care now that I think about it...

10. I get carded everytime I go to buy wraps, the other day the clerk even thought I had a fake ID I'm like dude I'm 21 I don't need a fake ID

11. not all stores well let you, i have a bp where this guy sells tobacco products to all ages but any other store around will kick you out faster than a second

12. In the United States, it is a criminal offense for any salesperson to sell any type of tobacco paraphernalia to anyone under the age of 18.

13. You can buy papers at any age where I live. You could also buy bongs underage as well until they became illegal altogether at the beginning of this year

14. heres the most common problem for the underage kids being carded..

these gas attendants/smoke shop employees are forced, and enforced by cameras, to card absolutely everyone purchasing tobacco products. so when these 16 year olds go buy some rolling papers and are asked for ID they either freak out or they give up. personally, it works the same way for buying alcohol. if you go up there with the product you wish to purchase and are asked for ID, give it and put your money on the counter. they will doubtlessly look at it and unless they're forced to scan your ID on the cash register to process the purchase, they'll usually sell it to you.

I don't condone this one bit.

15. I like raw papers ;P