Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Waffle House

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by psychhawk, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Being from the Midwest, I've never experienced such a phenomenal place. While on spring break, my friends and I drove from Iowa City to Orlando, and once we hit southern Kentucky, Waffle Houses were springing up everywhere. We must have seen about 50 of them on the trip. On the last we decided to eat at one, just cuz, well, we had to.

All I can say is, wow, fantastic place. Got an enormous breakfast for under 8 bucks and my friends could not eat the whole thing. They gave me what they couldn't eat and needless to say, I didn't eat for the rest of the day.

I envy you southern United States. IHOP and Perkins just can't compete anymore.

2. I've had the pleasure of eating there when traveling south to visit some relatives, it's pretty damn good. None of them in Michigan though.

3. dude really? i know the pleasure of waffle house for sure...but being from the midwest (chicago though, so i dunno bout you) but we have our share of amazing diner/breakfast places...Golden Nugget for instance is a small chain of diners that have a pretty similar vibe to the Waffle House....just sans grits and gravy...haha.

4. My .02...

IHOP

5. Interesting, Thanks for sharing this..

6. I'm from Iowa City and definitely a lot of restaurants for dinner/lunch to choose from, but not a whole lot for breakfast. Cracker Barrel has always been a great thing, same as Perkins. I think the price for the amount of food at Waffle House really won me over. Nothing like late night brinner though.

7. Wow, they are everywhere where I am, but they look like shitholes so I just assumed they suck. Hmm, I'll have to go there tomorrow :smoke:

8. First time I heard about Waffle Houses was from some guy doing Stand-Up.

And he said something like this:

"Have you ever been to a Waffle House before?"
    "Just imagine Gas station toilet serving pancakes."

Never going to Waffle House.

9. FUCKING CRACKER FUCKING BARREL

God DAMN I love that food.

10. Dude nothing beats Waffle House. One time I was staying in Dallas for a golf tournament and the hotel was next to a waffle house. For the 5 days we were there we ate there about 13 times hahahahaaa.

11. There are no pancakes at Waffle House. But I don't blame you. I think it's meant mainly for truckers as they are off exits on interstates, and it is a simple, maybe even janky, place but damn filling food for a cheap price.

12. Waffle House is the best when you're all fucked up, go in at about 3 in the morning, it'll be only you and the cook in there. Most of em can be pretty interesting to talk to. Offered one some weed sometime, he said he gave it up, but gave us $5 flat meals

13. dude lol waffle house is TERRIBLE. all I've seen is dumb fat redneck "waitress" if you can even call them that and most of them just got of prison. the food is flat out greasy shit on a plate.

IHOP shits all over waffle house. cmon man.

14. Waffle House is so fucking good in so many ways....

15. Fuck.. yet another thing not in Ireland :(
    I feel like these references to establishments in the US are like some in-joke and us euro-trash are always the last to be informed.

Keep your waffle house.. I'll be down in the pub if anyone needs me

16. Waffle houses are all over the midwest.... Or at least they are all over missouri.

17. Exactly why it's perfect when you're in all sorts of altered states of mind. I do agree with the waitress part, the lady we had kept calling everyone she served "baby" and couldn't understand one word out of her mouth.

18. #18 Slurms McKenzie, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    Blue waffle!!!!!!

That is all

19. Nothing better than going to waffle house or dennys at 3am stoned out of your mind with your friends.

20. I love waffle house. Ain't too many in Houston, but I used to live in Atlanta (origin of waffle house) and it was really the only place readily available late night for cheap. I still love IHOP, denny's not so much. Plus, my cousin manages a waffle house out in atlanta so I'd get it for free when I went to his spot. It really depends on the cook tho, cuz I've ordered the same thing at many places and sometimes there was a noticeable difference. Atleast in Texas we have Whataburger....mmm nothin like the munchies hittin you hard at 3 in the mornin and rollin down to whataburger for a triple meat & triple cheese :smoke: