[WA/OR] Dispensaries taking credit/debit?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Fl0werz, Apr 11, 2018.

1. I dislike using the atm, and I don't want to contat each store myself. Does anyone know of a website listing it? I can't find the payment details on Leafly, Weedmaps, ect. (Just the menu) I have visited probably 30 places in my arera and discovered 2 that accept cards. Now there is only one. Why? What's the legal stuff going on?

2. in oregon dispensaries aren't allowed to take cards and are cash only, that fact that you found 2 that took cards is strange.

3. As I recall but don't quote me
    Jan 4th jeff sessions rescinded the Cole memo and that slammed the door on the banking system and put all the shops back on a cash and carry basis.
    Until that changes it's gonna be a primarily cash world.
    BNW

4. The local (NorCal) dispensary I frequent will take debit cards with a pin. They have a little machine that acts like a cashless ATM, but it charges $5. Since my bank is just a few blocks away from the dispensary, I don't use their machine.

They used to take credit cards, but then the company found out they were cannabis-related, and withdrew their machine. It is apparently quite difficult, even in California, to use a card or any other sort of payment, other than cash, at a dispensary.

Granny :wave:

5. I've been in Several in Oregon that accepted cards.