Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

WA MMJ recommendation question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by drunkenhomer, Jul 14, 2010.

1. so i have been diagnosed with CVS or Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. i already have a script for marinol 10mg 3x daily to be used during flair-ups. my question is do i, under WA state law, qualify for MMJ? i have done some reasearch on the subject and believe that i fall in with the definition of "Terminal or debilitating medical condition" under section (f) which states

(f) Diseases, including anorexia, which result in nausea, vomiting, wasting, appetite loss, cramping, seizures, muscle spasms, or spasticity, when these symptoms are unrelieved by standard treatments or medications

my other question is, assuming that my condition qualifies, does the fact that marinol works (somewhat) disqualify me because of the part that says,"symptoms are unrelieved by standard treatments or medications"?

thanks
    peace, love and cannabis!

2. It seems you've done your homework. In terms of your question you can simply tell your doctor that marinol's don't provide you with the same medical satisfaction that mmj has to offer.

3. yup as i always say, "education, education, education"!! and i about laughed my ass off at the "medical satifaction" part but after thinking about it for a second i realized that it fits.

4. The fact that your prescription works fine doesn't mean anything. Honestly the whole WA state MMJ is a joke... I'm 19 and have mine. They don't care if you are on any other pills, their whole thing is to get people off of prescriptions. I recommend giving THCF a call, that's where I got mine and they were very professional and knowledgeable.. You'll have to leave a voicemail because they don't answer the calls directly.

And, even if you get denied at one place others can still approve you since this is not through your doctor in any way.

Though I think that you need to have a medical history even if your diagnosed with something. I have a bad shoulder and have years of medical history for it.

But hey! give it a shot, worst thing that could happen is they say no

5. yeah i was already scoping out the seattle THCF.

yup i got over a year's worth of medical documents pertaining to my condition and the thcf says on its site that you need 2-3 sets, different visits, of chart notes documenting your condition. so ill have plenty of documentation. and thanks for the heads up

thanks
    peace love and cannabis