W T F Live 1000 years!?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Don Juanius III, Dec 9, 2004.

1. This guy says he can cure aging. I'm not sure if I believe it myself, but if it's true... HOLY SHIT!

Just follow the link below for a news article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4003063.stm

What do you guys think?

2. fuck homie krazy read......... imagine:eek: wow i wish sumday:hippie:

3. dude, this guy is nuts, and I totally disagree with the above quote! why does mankind always feel it needs to improve upon nature?

all it is is a recipe for severe overpopulation--and i bet the ones who get the therapies will be rich people--the rich will get richer b/c they live practically forever

[​IMG]

4. think avbout what this could do for society...i mean if we have a select few to live to 1000 persay they could each master a field of science, medicine, whatever and be the elite of the elite at one thing even moreso broadening our horizons maybe give the pill to professors at colleges? but if you think about it..whoever gets this priveledge is gonna be assassinated..i mean? am i right or am i right? id be pretty pissed if there were only a few certain bitches that get to live 1000years..either that or some bible humping activist..then again theres always the apocolypse maybe we'll be the only ones ever to know the truth behind this "myth" that is god? then again this is never gonna fly because conservatives will ban it because of the bible like every other thing that this nation has ever had going for it..and if some only country tries this..bush will stop all tradeing/invade...who knows who cares. im not saying conservatives are stupid im saying conservatives are generally stupid people.

5. theyve already got the overpopulation planned out you see.. china + china w/nukes. oops one went off oops...weirddddddd. i bet the ones who get the therapies will be smart people.

6. can you imagine what a boring life that would be? 1000 years???? i can't see it..

playing god? no. first prove there's a god, that guy is playing human..

oh and great invention eh, overpopulate the world even more why don't you.//

7. I would get bored of 1000 years ... and the only way it says you can die is to get hit by a car or .. get a disease .. i would rather fall asleep at 80 and never wake up again thank you very much !

8. Yeah, I think this is a terrible idea. Who wants to live to be a thousand? You'd accomplish way more than neccesary by than. Mid twenties sounds about right to me. :D

9. yea same here.. what a stupid idea

10. dont think i would wanna be on this earth for 1000 year let alone 100 years.........ill die whenever it is time for me to go...even tho if would be cool to see what the world is goin be like in 1000 years..

11. yeah i agree the cure will be slapped with a pricetag if america remains republican..democrats wont let that happen though..hmmm should we have paris hilton and ben affleck forever or a genius biochemist that will find a way to generate 4 grams of coal in 2.43 seconds?

12. I personally think it would be awesome to live a 1000 years. I mean it is a bad idea with the over population and all but still it would be fucking AWESOME.

13. be all blazin' it fo 1000 years:smoking: OLD G:D,lol

14. 1000 years of toking eh? I'd just move onto an island and become a hermit growing some ganja!

15. This guy is at cambridge university, yet he's a complete idiot. hmm...

"Curing ageing will change society in innumerable ways. Some people are so scared of this that they think we should accept ageing as it is.

I think that is diabolical - it says we should deny people the right to life.
    The right to choose to live or to die is the most fundamental right there is; conversely, the duty to give others that opportunity to the best of our ability is the most fundamental duty there is."

^^ most fucked up thing Ive ever heard... completely idiotic. *shakes head in disbelief*

16. I think instead of doing this, they should just let people stay young until they die...instead of letting them live forever

17. hit by a car? so thats kinda the equivalent of hit by anything, fall off a building, get shot, hit wit a bat. and get a disease? considering msot people die from disease, this sounds kinda fake to me.

i don think i'd wanna live for 1000 years either, haha especially if sumthin got fucked up n u got a life sentence for prison haha.

18. too add/stoned to read that whole thing. i just looked at the guys picture and immediatly knew it was bullshit. never trust a man with a gigantic beard is what i say

19. lol funniest thing i've heard since i got high 5 minutes ago :hello:

20. too funny![​IMG]