W/Recent Attack on CA MMJ Industry, Do You Think Grow Equip Sales Will Soon Inc/Dec?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smh, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Hi there :)

I was wondering what people think about the future of sales in growing equipment with the whole shutting down dispensaries in CA deal right now. Will people turn to growing? Or?

I've heard a few opinions, and they differ.

Would love to get some input! :p

-Sherry :smoke:

2. #2 miscbrah3284, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    i doubt it, cali is so over saturated with dispensaries theres no way the feds can shut down all of them....unless prop 215 is basically revoked and medical marijuana is no longer an option, would you probably start seeing something like that....hydro shops are in business for marijuana

edit: whoops, i read that as "will grow equipment prices increase/decrease"...im not sure I can answer that, but what i believe is that if people were going to grow they already would be...once youve grown your own and realize how big of a rip off it is to buy from dispensaries or off the street its impossible to feel ok spending money at clubs on flowers(edibles, hash, oils are a different story)...the problem is people are too lazy to grow their own, or they just simply dont have a secure location in which they feel comfortable doing so....if they have the money to burn(pun?) they will probably just continue to buy it instead of growing it

3. that's true :p i hope it's just a few

but do you think hydro stores' business will experience a drop or increase?

i've been thinking of importing grow equipment, but with this recent shutting down business, i'm not sure if it's a good idea.. :T

4. good point :)

i checked out some of your grow pics btw. very nice! :D

i'm doing my first grow. 2nd week of flowering. your plants look so healthy compared to mine! :( i'm getting advice from a friend that grows. not sure why they don't look as beautiful as they could be.

he said to water when i see the top part of the coco dry out, and that's about 5-7 days. It seems like it's too long, but i'm not sure. don't want to over feed them ><;

5. [quote name='"miscbrah3284"']i doubt it, cali is so over saturated with dispensaries theres no way the feds can shut down all of them....unless prop 215 is basically revoked and medical marijuana is no longer an option, would you probably start seeing something like that....hydro shops are in business for marijuana

edit: whoops, i read that as "will grow equipment prices increase/decrease"...im not sure I can answer that, but what i believe is that if people were going to grow they already would be...once youve grown your own and realize how big of a rip off it is to buy from dispensaries or off the street its impossible to feel ok spending money at clubs on flowers(edibles, hash, oils are a different story)...the problem is people are too lazy to grow their own, or they just simply dont have a secure location in which they feel comfortable doing so....if they have the money to burn(pun?) they will probably just continue to buy it instead of growing it[/quote]

doubt it, cali is so over saturated with dispensaries theres no way the feds can shut down all of them....unless prop 215 is basically revoked and medical marijuana is no longer an option, would you probably start seeing something like that....hydro shops are in business for marijuana

The county's are covering there ass now an are banning the dispensary in there county. Butte county Shasta an salono city councils voted not to allow them. That means when the Feds are gone there still won't let them reopen