Vyvanse?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by dominicano, Dec 9, 2009.

1. So, its finals time at my university and I usually procure some adderall around this time to aid me in my studying. I find that it really does have a huge impact on my studying habits and helps me prepare for my tests. This time, however, I was offered some Vyvanse instead...apparently, its supposed to be an even better version of adderall. I've read some really good things about it onine so I thought I'd give it a try. Well, 1.5 hours later I still feel nothing. It is really bewildering to me because I thought that this 40mg pill of Vyvanse was going to blow my mind, seeing as how 10-15mg of adderall is plenty enough for me for a good study session. I am a bit dissapointed, but I still have hopes that it is going to kick in eventually.

UPDATE- So, I went out for a cigarette and also bought an energy drink. I was hoping that maybe they would work synergistically together and perhaps kick up the Vyvanse. So I went out for a smoke.. (I smoke regularly), but for some reason smoking kind of made me gag and my stomach feels a little funny but necessarily in a bad way. I don't know if this was an effect of Vyvanse though. I began to sip my energy drink (nto too much though) and I am definitely feeling buzzed now, but still hard to tell if its just the cigarette/energy drink or the vyvanse, or all three working in conjuction.

Timeline:
    8:30 took 1 40mg pill of vyvanse
    10:00 complained about how i didnt feel anything
    10:30 smoked a cig
    10:50 began sipping an energy drink
    11:13 writing this

Anyone have any experiences with this drug and can perhaps shed some light on it? Or perhaps can describe your own experience.

2. It's always kicked in within 30 minutes for me, and I like it better than adderall because it lasts longer and doesn't give me the side effects adderall does.

3. I just read that Vyvanse has to be processed by the liver before it actually takes effect. I saw that it apparently peaks at 3.5 - 5 hours which would conceivably make sense why I am buzzing pretty hard right now (took it at 8:30sh so I should be peaking at around midnight). I am sure the caffeine and cigarette helped, but now I definitely think that most of this feeling is attributed to the Vyvanse kicking in. Just don't know if I should keep drinking the caffeine or hold off on it... Kinda getting paranoid now that the Vyvanse is kicking in lol I don't want to get too overstimulated.

I recently saw and read the diving bell and butterfly, and it kind of freaked me out. Dude had a random stroke on a normal day and as a result his brain stem was damaged thus giving him "locked in syndrome". He was paralyzed from head to toe, the only thing he could do was blink. All his cognitive functions remained intact though. Imagine being trapped in your own body like that and the only way you can communicate is with the blink of 1 eye. He ended up writing a book by communicated with a communication therapist. Beautiful story, but scary thoought.

Now I have been having second thoughts about doing stimulants, even though I know I am not at risk for a stroke being as I am 21 year old that has had no previous health conditions. I know you have to like OD to induce a stroke but guess I am still a little paranoid.

4. Peaking at 3-4 hours doesn't seem correct to me. Usually, Vyvanse starts to take effect within the hour. By hour 2 you should definitely be feeling the speedy effects.
    Also, I used to drink dr.pepper and monsters while taking Vyvanse back in high school, you should be fine..

5. did you take in the capsule or just the powder from capsule?

6. Took a capsule. Is breaking the pill and drinking the powder better? I thought it wouldn't matter with Vyvanse because it has to pass through the liver anyway.

7. "Vyvanse is much more consistent than Adderall XR from day to day and patient to patient. Vyvanse consistently reaches peak blood levels in 3 1/2 to 5 hours at a concentration of 100-175 ng/ml for a 70mg capsule." -http://www.askdrjones.com/blog/vyvanse-new-treatment-for-adhd/

Plenty of other websites say the same thing. I don't know why there is a discrepancy though? Cause you are definitely not the only person that has said they feel the peak much sooner.

Thanks for the reassurance about the caffeine thing. I was kinda freaking out for a little there for some reason!

8. From what i have noticed in 2 day usage is that, it doesnt make your high different if you take one 40mg capsule or five. When takin five it makes your stomach feel funny. Also it is really silly to take it at night if you plan on going to sleep in the next 12 hours, cuz it will be nearly impossible to fall asleep. (its 350 am here and i feel like i could go run a cross country.) Also im sweating a lot right now lol
    well those are my 2 cents

9. Yeah dude, it sucks. Took one at 8:30 pm last night and I am still awake. I've been trying to sleep since 6-7am and I think I slept for maybe an 1 our 2 at most and I am awake again and can't fall asleep. This stuff is anti-sleep!

I also experienced funny feeling in my stomach and I only took 1 pill. I noticed when I was smoking cigarettes they kind of made me gag too, which normally doesn't happen. When try to sleep around 6-7am I started to feel quite nauseous and noticed I was being "gassy".

10. i couldnt find adderal for a while so i bought vyvaanse 20mg i think
    the ones i have are extend realease i always thought all of em are but i jus break em open and use the powder and it works
    i seemed to crash way hardder then adderall though

11. Haha, this is why I would take mine at 6 am.. Only way you're gonna get any sleep at night.

12. I definitely learned my lesson. Only taking it in the mornings and early afternoon at latest. Only take it at night if I need to do an all nighter.