VPN question

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by GroFoMoFo, Dec 19, 2018.

1. If using a VPN, shouldn't my location be in some random country I select if it's working properly? I turned it on and googled food near me and it's throwing me the Jack-in-the-crack up the street rather than the wackarnalds in Thailand

2. Google knows all.

Damn now that IS a scary thought.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Google didn't really break it down like that to give me a solid answer. Google doesn't know everything...but it knows too much.

4. Near as I can tell or know that should have been IP based answer so it sounds like your VPN isn't on.
    I traveled across the country in April and just asked google every morning to find Breakfast near me and it did. LMAO easy pezy .
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. wondering if google could be using the location services instead of ip. Location services would instantly tell google physically where they're at.

OP - if you go to google.com and type what's my ip - then turn on your VPN and google "whats my ip" again it should change.

If it doesn't, you gots a problem.

• Like Like x 2
  6. what VPN carrier did you use,,,???

7. It should change it to whatever country you pick man lol, If I pick Germany as my location I get German advertisements on Spotify so I know it's working:confused_2::laughing:

8. #8 TheQuibbler, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    The location used is just the location data collected from the IP address, Mobile Network, or GPS; or a combination of these. So if your device is setup to use the GPS signal as part of the location, then changing the IP address won't do anything.

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's ironic you're telling people about Spam bots yet you're one yourself....

10. Make sure your Mac address changes, otherwise what's the point of changing just then up via vpn

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Are there any free VPN for your phone that keep things safe?

• Like Like x 1
  12. A very much catch-22 issue you pay
    and then can be tracked thru your cc
    go free and the service? is crap

back when ...I used Anchor Free
    but is much harder than with a cheap pc,
    and you have so many hidden Id's on a phone

in fact my iphone has 3 cameras and 9? antannie/aerials

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah I just said to hell with it. If any agency wants to track me down for my miniscule personal grows, go for it. The world doesn't have time for me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. #14 Vee, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    un less you work for your govt use a china vpn
    it will be a long day in hell when china hands over whitemans Ip's to Trump and crew .....lol

China owned Opera browser has a 'free' Vpn attached but in truth
    learn to write you own proxy address is ezy pinch, and ezy done in opera lol

same bull is going down with Huawei phones and Zoom app secure for weedites but not 4 spies

good luck

It would be seen as smart for mercian illegal growers to 'proxy' Canada a legal grow state

• Like Like x 2
  15. if you like google much

you can ask them to send you everything to do with your pc and ip

all your searches everything ...lol

be warned ...buddy thats a shitload ...lol

and there are other search engines better safer and quicker too

16. You will get dns leaks unless you pay for a vpn service like pia.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. It depends on VPN that you use

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. duckduckgo!

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. I use private internet access for my vpn

So far so good. But I don't know a lot about vpn's I have mine set to another country and my internet speed/computer runs the same as if the vpn was off.

DO NOT USE name cheap. They are garbage! It took 2-3 minutes for web pages to load when I was using name cheaps vpn.

20. I use Windscribe, works pretty well for me