Voting is a waste of time

Discussion in 'Politics' started by potsmoker2, Feb 19, 2011.

1. #1 potsmoker2, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2011
    Unless you're willing to study the candidates, study the issues and then supervise the people you have elected and write to them to tell them how they are pleasing you or not pleasing you. Would you hire an employee and then fail to give the employee instructions and supervision? Voting is the easy part. Supervising is the hard part and the important part.

2. If voting changed anything, it would be illegal

3. #3 mandrin13, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
    Of course it is a waste, but it makes us feel like we have a say. Anyone who thinks the most powerful person in the world is the president of the US, probably hasn't given it much thought. It is well known that his highest clearance is what, top secret...even though its also well known that there are many levels higher. Do you think a major company would restrict info from their owner/ceo? Clearly the most important person in the world would have complete access to all information. They claim its because of Plausible Deniability, but lets get real. We just vote for the puppets.

4. Er...no there aren't.

5. Heh heh heh... You outer party members are so naive.

Us inner party members know all about the double top secret stuff. :cool:

6. We voted for the puppet and the master when Cheney was VP for Bush...

7. All of the stuff about contacting your elected officials is not really necessary. A democratic system works best when the public is informed. The majority of U.S citizens are unaware of how their reps voted on a single bill, yet they continue to vote for the familiar name. The voting process is supposed to be enough to keep them accountable, we just fail to utilize it properly.

8. Of course, because there is an Electoral College.

9. #9 H2O420, Feb 20, 2011
    I'm pretty sure the over-glorification of the Presidential election came about from the glorification of George Washington.

There's three branches for a reason. I mean, in my opinion, the system is pretty badass in design.

The President probably gets so much media attention because we accidentally became addicted to celebrity via a fairly competent entertainment industry (a mix of fairly brilliant creative capacity coupled with continous increases in technology), and because we have a natural desire (or perhaps need?) to look for (or to, rather) a leader, either for direction or reassurance or just knowledge of what the fuck is going on.

The media (in terms of television, news sources (tv and web) doesn't do a very good job of connecting us at the local level, which is what the house and senate are more about and what our primary focus should be on as voters, imo.

If we think congress is so fucked up, well, we elect the fuckers, so who's really fucked up?

It seems more likely to me everyday that the actions of our representatives is an expression of our own collective madness.

But I'm really high right now, so who knows?

10. It's not worth much but you sir have earned my respect. I cannot be sure from your post where you stand politically but your post is one of the more eloquent I have read on the subject from this site. But I'm pretty high myself so we could just be on a similar wavelength at the moment.

11. i see it that way.

its probably like a mirage. maybe voting is just to prove its a democracy but we just beleive what they tell us. are u sure they really count votes and tell us the rightful winner??not like it matters anyways, theyre just puppets to begin with.

i can justify this because lots of people smoke marijuana, and thats still illegal. Lots of people want to focus on other issues on our government, like war, poverty,genuine charities, and REAL environmental protection, free healthcare, ect.. I NEVER see subjects like that..more like, more taxes for you, you and you. o yeah and you can pick these guys but they're not really gona address new things or improve our world, just keep doin what were doing and degrading our world, because you do know we're still at war right?

you know what happens at war right?

us soldiers kill innocent families along with "insurgents" (poor afghans fighting for their rights and have ak's)

Its against the law to murder yet, its okay for THEM to do it just because its "war" and say these poor people are attacking us. ridiculous..most afghans are barely able to survive, that country is so poor and constantly struck by famine, that their fighting numbers are a joke.

Well i declare war on unjust laws and unjust leaders/politicians who just try to improve on profit
    ..and i start murdering these people..is it okay because i declared war?

The only way things will change is by organized public disobedience. like how martin luther king protested on the streets, using white mans bathrooms, and white mans drinking fountains..
    or when alcohol prohibition was practiced..people openly drank in the streets, and publicly disobeyed the police and made them look weak. soon after organized crime was created, due to alcohol being illegal..these organizations profited off alcohol.
    then the government finally decided to quit, they saw the uproar in the streets so they made it legal again to bring back order.
    Or how obama, clinton, and many other presidents have agreed that marijuana should NOT be a punishable offense, yet people are sent everyday to jail because of it.
    if the leaders agree, but cant even change their own laws in their own damn government, What does that say about us? It says the people are last. and THE PIGS GET FAT WHILE BRAVE MEN DIE.

12. Agreed, voting for leaders to make decisions on our behalf is an utter sham, I can make decisions just as well or better than the average thick-as-pigshit politician and I defy them to challenge that notion... :cool:

13. #13 mandrin13, Feb 20, 2011
    Hey man, I am very open minded, can you show any source to that? Cause from what I have read I believe that what I have posted is true. I will fully admit I read it online, and that there is much info online that is false, but I have seen more and more info stating that this is fact, so you saying "no it is not" doesn't provide much substance. Thanks

I agree the theoretical system would be good, but that also requires us to take a lot on faith. I am sorry but that is something I cannot do. We would have to assume that everyone is honest, good people running the gov, and I dont see that. I admit that is a personal opinion, but it is fucking scary to think 0.001% of the population is in charge of things like dropping a nuclear bomb. I am sure that if that if Hiroshima was put to a vote it would never have happened, even though it is claimed to be "the right choice". People are generally good natured, until you give them power/ego/wealth/etc. There is no way to prove that the people you vote for have any power whatsoever in my mind. Maybe I am a skeptic, but I wont take the word of politicians, when they have shown time and time again that they are more worried about their appearance, than what hey stand for.

14. I have probably 10 friends/family members that are/were involved in the intelligence community in various capacities (including ONI, NSA, CIA, and various other military units) and I have never heard anyone talk about any supposedly "well known" clearance level above 'top secret' nor have I been able to find any source, government or otherwise that references such a clearance level. Thus, I would ask you to please share your sources (because, after all, the burden of proof rests upon you). Thanks.

15. #15 cball, Feb 20, 2011

..so due to YOU not seeing it, hearing it, reading it, or via hearsay have any proof, then it doesn't exist....

[​IMG]

I lost most faith in the voting system when I watched the electoral colleges place their votes in contrast to the states peoples majority vote...then seeing how bipartisan politics would always prevent progress, I vote for "none of the above" if I can (or write in my name).

I say we replace all politicians with Amish elders...

16. I agree with this 100%, the reason I didn't is because like I said, just because its on the internet desn't man its true. But just google it and you get manyt results sayng there are between 38-47 levels above top secret. The problem is that its sites like abovetopsecret, which personally I think is a site full of garbage...but with 29,800,000 results it is kind of hard to ignore. Again, its the internet, no more or less valid that what your "friends" say. Apparently less than 50 people in the world have access to the top levels, if they do exist.

YouTube - US GOVERMENT: There are 38 Levels above TOP SECRET! UFO

17. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If any of you got a problem, go complain to the devil:devious:

18. #18 Sunshine86, Feb 20, 2011

Those levels are not "above" top secret, they are different categories of top secret information.

SCI/SAP

19. Voting during a Presidential election is bullshit: look what happened first term G. W. Bush.

20. Again, could you show me any of this? I already admit I don't know, but all you are telling me is no. I would love an explanation, I am not here to be right or wrong, just educated. There is a lot of information out there that is contradictory to what you are saying...again, that could all be false information, but there is a lot of it to just ignore it. Thanks.

I know the video is no proof, but those guys are saying the exact opposite of what you are saying...and they are ex officials from various govt. agencies.