Vortex

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by 420Surf, Mar 3, 2010.

1. This is intended for people to post their experiences, opinions, pictures etc. about gravity vortexes.

Ive done my best searching for another thread so I pray I'm not duplicating. If so, someone please tell me so I can take this down right away.

Attached Files:

2. dude i had a vortex, worst 100 dollars i ever spent! After about a month of use the downsteam going down to the bottom chamber had become so resinated it was damn near impossible to clean. i got that pretty clean but after about another month the inside was so nasty there was nothing that could be done. you cant take it apart which makes it really hard to clean and the only hole is the tiny carb hole, so when you do get the resin off the inside its too big to fit through the hole and it just stays there. to anybody wanting to invest in a vortex, id say save yourself 100 bucks and go to the closest gas station and get yourself a sobe to make a waterfall, it works better and youll be able to spend the rest of the money on some dank. thanks for letting me rant blades peace.

3. Totally agree, after i bought it i couldnt believe you cant take it apart, its like spending 100 dollars on a temporary piece.

4. ya it's pretty much useless unless you clean the damn thing after each use..

5. Get a bong dude. That things so cheesy, regardless of how well it works (which apparently it doesn't).

Do you really want to chill with friends toking on that weird fucking thing? I know I wouldn't.

6. the only gravity shit i'd touch is gravitron's products.

google airgravitron

7. Wow the vortex seems to have a better reputation in my area. Most of use have knock-off ones though made by our local headshop.

I find that mine works perfectly. I've been toking daily with and without friends with it, and I've had no problems.

As for cleaning, I run isopropyl alcohol and salt through it, then hot water and she comes out crystal clear, not a spec of resin.

8. I have a Vortex but don't use it that often as it is kinda of a hassle to get high. (More so than a bong or spoon). But I use it on occasion and will definitely be bustin' this bad boy out for 4/20.

9. i have a bong and a vortex. my bong is easier for a quick toke but the vortex definitely gets me alottt higher hit for hit. it really isnt that hard to clean either you just shake it with iso and salt

10. My buddy had one of these a while back and man did i love it :smoke:. BUT i personally would never own one. First of all, the hole to fill/pour out the water is SOOO small it took forever to fill up. And secondly i never saw him clean it, but i could only imagine this thing is a bitch to clean. They really made a flaw in the design by first making the choke so god damn small, and secondly not making this piece detachable. I mean its plastic, its not like its a super welded glass piece, they easily could of made it detachable. But then again what would they have to sell in the future? They always have to have a "new" product out on the shelves. Kinda like when the iphone first came out it didnt have video? I mean what kind of phone doesnt have freaking video? my phone from 5 years ago was able to record videos. IMO its all just a way for companies to always be ahead of the game/make more money and they just keep simple things like a video option on the iphone or like in this case a detachable vortex just so in 1-2 years they can come out with the "new and improved detachable vortex with UPGRADED CHOKE". Just my 2 cents;)

11. Hit the nail on the head good sir!