VonMeowzer's 400W HPS: 7 Rhino's / 1 Lemon Skunk

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by VonMeowzer87, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Hello GC. I am attempting to grow 4-6 plants (I have 7 White Rhino and 1 Lemon Skunk) in roughly 3 months under my 400 Watt HPS. As of today, the little guys are 7 days old. I am in an apartment and am growing in my patio closet for personal use.

* I am using some pretty simple Scott's topsoil for the first two weeks and then I'm transplanting into some soil called Sta-Green that looks like it should do alright.

* I was using a 3-way plug split that had a GFCI that switched off the power for like 6 hours while it was raining really hard when I was at work... then I accidently let the room get too hot while I was sleeping (89 degrees). So there was about a 16 hour stretch of hard times for the 'little ones'. I believe everything is going alright now (temp at a constant 75-80 degrees).

*** My big question: I *think* that everything is going really well, but I keep getting paranoid that they are growing too slowing or that the 400W HPS is burning them to death (I can't spend money right now on new vegging lights). I get easily stressed out so it's quite possible I'm getting freaked out over nothing. Tell me what you think please!

Attached Files:

2. #2 VonMeowzer87, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
    G'morning Grasscity!

*Day 9 Since Sprouting*

Once again, I *believe* that everything is going alright, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up. It's a good thing that I germinated half the seeds a few days apart b/c I believe that the runaway temp stressed the first batch (hopefully not enough to cause stunted growth / males). Either way, the newer 4 plants seem to be quickly catching up to the others.

One of the seedlings sprouted with deformed leaves (top right dixie cup in first pic), but I think it was just the genetics and I'm not really worried about it because the new set of leaves looks fine.

You can't see it, but there is a pretty strong fan blowing a breeze into the closet from the outside and another fan blowing air out a vent hole that was conveniently already in the wall.

Here are today's pics at Day 9: Tips/Suggestions welcome! I really don't want to kill the little guys on accident.

Attached Files: