Volunteer seeds?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by FarmgirlinGoodells, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Anybody use volunteer seeds from femanized plants? I had 2 great strains for my outdoor grow last year. "Green crack" + "white banner" They gave me a few seeds. I saved them. Not sure if i want to save a few bucks and sex them out etc. b4 even putting them in their grow area when i could have 12 perfect plants that are all females like last year.
    Question is lol.. any chance they are feminized seeds as well?

Attached Files:

2. There's a possibility that they hermed out and you will get all fem, but more likely that yours got pollinated from another male plant, since they're outside.

I believe I read that pollen can travel and pollinate 1-2 miles away on windy days.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. So if it hermed out they they would be feminized seed?

• Like Like x 1
  4. They would be fems or herms

Edit: I've had plants herm, and then grew the seeds. All were fems, but still had the chance for being hermaphrodites

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Grow em, if you want more its nice having a sperm donor handy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Well a little research and i answered my own question crappy genetics to pass on at the least ill just save them just in case

7. Thanks!

8. Many cannabis growers observe female plants producing at least one seed a harvest in situations where there is no chance that male pollen entered the grow area. It's commonly thought of as the plant trying a last ditch effort to preserve its genetics and is different than hermaphroditism within cannabis and different than having nanners that pollinate the flowers. If I enjoy the flower, I save the seed. If the flower is so-so, I toss them. They're probably feminized with the same genetic stability that the parent plant possessed.

edit: welcome to GC and congrats on your first post!

• Informative Informative x 2