Volcano vapourizer.... is it worth $650??

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Totallydude, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Hi guys,
    thanks for reading this thread.
    I live in the Netherlands so naturally I have had some experience with the herb, but i've never spent anything over $100 on weed (and other stuff related to it) and I'm going to buy the volcano this week. I have just enough money to buy it, however it costs a full $650 (480 euros). This is with a starter set (balloons, grinder, valve etc.) and comes with a five year guarantee. It's the classic, although for $710 (520 euros) I could buy the digit with the same accessories. People seem to think the classic is more worth the money though.
    Should I look for a better purchase or is $650 reasonable?
    Thx alot people, peace :)

2. How To Use The Extreme Vaporizer - Vaporpedia

The Arizer Extreme 4.0 costs 250€. Also fills ballons and has a whip:D I would save the money and buy this vaporizer because the ellbow packs are pretty efficient and ballons get boring pretty fast in my oppinion.
    The Volcano is good nontheless, but the price is quite high for a vaporizer without a whip

3. I have the Volcano Classic and it was honestly worth every single penny I spent on it. It's been one of my best purchases!
    And I think the Digital is a bit of a waste, it's the exact same thing but with a screen so you can see how hot it is when it's heating up...? Not really worth 80£.

4. the digital volcano is much easier to use than the original. you click on the bag and push a button and it automatically fills it up. i met a lady this summer who won one. we blazed a lot with it. go hit up the vermont cannabis coalition when you see them!

i have a 250 dollar silver surfer vap works wonderful. but when it comes to ridiculous luxury you cant beat the volcano

5. from what people seem to say, the classical works the same way as the digital; the only difference is the screen.
    i'm pretty set on buying the classical now, I'm just wondering how loud it is and how much it smells because I'm gonna use it in my uni room.

6. #6 zehn, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
    Haha no it's not it's basically the exact same. The only indication that you get when it is warmed up is the "Control" light turns off.

To the OP: Yeah, they're great (I own a Classic) but honestly I would shop around before you drop that kind of cash on a vaporizer. IMO there are better options out there for waaayyy less

7. I never regret buying my Volcano, 2 years later and it's still running strong. I've owned a Da Buddha in the past and have hit my buddies Arizer extreme Q a lot but I still live my Volcano the best.

8. The Volcano is a great vape no questions there but is it worth 650-700 dollars when there are comparable alternatives for 4-5x less money? To me no, to others sure, personally I went with the Extreme Q which actually does MORE than the Volcano itself. No offense but I could buy 5 Extreme's for the price of 1 digital Volcano. It all comes down to what you want to do with your money, if it's worth it to you then go for it, either way you'll be happy with your purchase!

9. [quote name='zehn']Haha no it's not it's basically the exact same. The only indication that you get when it is warmed up is the "Control" light turns off.]

okay word. well i used it for one day, in a tent at a music festival, next to an original volcano and some other 3rd cheaper vap. i thought for sure the digital volcano was easier

i guess not i'd argue it's more fun lol why not have all the bells and whistles if you've gone this far eh?

10. #10 Soccerguy420, Jan 30, 2011
    nononono. get a MFLB vape. its so quality, and since you're in university it will be a very quality little piece you can take from place to place. and its 99 bucks, so you can stay under your 100 dollar limit so far ;)

Magic-Flight

there's the link, ive had mine for almost a year now with zero problems, its the most simple vape money can buy, and its so effective. it comes with a lifetime warranty, they will replace it for ANYTHING. its really great. also, they are coming out with an AC power adapter pretty soon which would make it a portable vape and a desktop vape for ultimate vape-age, all for 100 bucks. i highly recommend it

Edit: i guess ill rant a bit about it.

it heats up instantly, as soon as you put the battery in.
    it uses two rechargeable batteries and is the size of two match boxes on top of eachother
    it gets you faded :D
    it tastes amazing, as typical to all vaporizers
    if used correctly, it will have no smell
    it has a light which indicates the battery level (if its bright, battery is strong, if low, weak)
    its massively portable, ive vaped practically anywhere
    uh, yeah i just generally love it

11. try a zephyr ion. They are amazing, and heat up faster than the volc. and the are around 300 - 360 $$

12. #12 lwien, Jan 30, 2011
    Zephyr is currently out of business.

In response to the OP's question, the fact is, is that for some, it is worth the price and for others, it's not. There really is no clear cut universal answer to this question for it all comes down to personal preference.

If what you desire is the very best engineered, high quality bag vape on the planet, than yes, the 'Cano is worth whatever price you have to pay for it. But for others, they find that a less well engineered bag vape works just as well, and yet for others, they don't like bag vapes at all regardless of the price.

13. i was in the same position a few months ago

had the money.

instead of buying 650(+tax) classic volcano

i bought 2 vapes instead. a portable one and one for home

300$ for the already recommended extreme q vaporizer

100$ for the MFLB. was like 450+ a bit in total.

so i got these vapes for 450 insttead of volcano for 700. 2 vapes + ounce of weed or the volcano.

its a toss up 50% 50%.
    if you only vape at home. just get your volcano.

i kinda regret not getting a volcano. i think you can find one on internet much cheaper. sine used they should be like 300-450.
    i shouldve done that

o well im stlil happy man:smoke:

14. thx so much guys for all your quick and thoughtful replies; really appreciated. so basically, I figure, if I'm gonna spend a lot of money on a vape, why not buy the best on the Market and I'll never regret it, as opposed to buying one half the price and ending up buying the superior volcano anyway. as the guy above says, I might as well go all the way if I'm gonna go this far, I suppose it also looks cooler; if though it has a shorter guarantee or doesn't heat up as fast then I'm def. going for the classic. I'm going to buy it on Saturday, I'll tell y'all how it is then. thanks again everyone :)

15. so I got the classic, and yes, it seems to be TOO MUCH of a beast. I was having a sleepover with friends (so lots of junk and energy drinks etc) and we took the volcano out. I had about 1 1/2 bags on 6.5, and it seemed really smoky. I completely freaked out :// sort of forgot who I was and then threw up. my chest was aching for aages. I did have a cold though, that may have had something to do with it. overall, I need to take it much slower next time (if there is a next time). quality machine though, a bit louder than I expected but playing music/ watching a film covers up the sound.

16. I would never spend 600+ on a vape, hate vapes. Just personal preference.

17. What did vapes ever do to you huh?:devious:

18. im going to say this i have used a valcano i would love to get one but not worth that kind of money to me i just got a magic flight launch box and it dose the trick

19. Are you serious? 650 for a vape? THEY ALL HEAT UP WEED. a 100 dollar one does the same thing as a 650 dollar one. When it comes down to it the weed gets heated up and you smoke it. Spending an extra 550 for more "luxury" who gives a fuck.

On a different note, buy a really really nice piece of glass if your willing to spend that much. You could get a really sexy piece for that much, even for 300 you can get some NICE glass. Vapes are overrated IMO. Can't beat a bong/bubbler at all

20. Vapes don't get me nearly as high as ripping a bong :p If anyone thinks that then they need to take a real hit. (need to cough to get really high)