Volcano Tip

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by evilhoodlem, Jul 10, 2013.

1. #1 evilhoodlem, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
    What up people!

I bought myself a volcano classic with a Soild Valve about a year ago. Since then i stopped "using fire."

Now if you use a volcano with a solid valve, you know you tend to get tiny bits of weed flying into your mouth. Even if you do your best to keep the mouth piece clean. 

I found out if you put a 1" screen (same as the bottom of the bowl) between the mouth piece and the bag it will stop about 99.78& of the flying bits of weed. 

The screen will get clogged, just clean in iso alcohol for a minute and it will come right out. 

Now you can vap with nothing going into your mouth but clean vapor. 
    Evil :bongin:

Attached Files:

2. Good tip!

How fine do you grind your herb for use with the volcano?

3.  i have a sharpstone grinder. i just grind enough for it to fall into the the chamber. 
     i would say a medium grind? not a fine powder but enough to break it up. 

The key with the volcano is:  the more herb thats around the hot air the better.  

4. YA vapes do best with a fine dry grind or t least a fine grind that will dry out and start producing vapor after 1-2 hits. MOre surface area.

Another tip:

Once you styop getting vapor from one batch after a few hits or bags, empty it out and crush it finer then put it back in, or stire it roughly to crush it a bit. You should get several more hits out. Esp if you crank the temp up to 385 from 365