Volcano at 6 is not getting me high

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BPTG, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Hello everyone I am in need of your help, I just got a new Volcano Classic (my first vaporizer ever) and something is very wrong.... I have the temp set at 6 which is 374f and the balloon barely has any vapor and did not even get me high (I fill the chamber only enough to cover the screen) *see attached*

Since that did not work I turned up the temp to 9 which is 439f and I got more vapor in it but STILL NOT HIGH.... wtf why is this happening?? Can anyone explain this to me... I am thinking something is wrong with my unit... Please help. *see attached*

**FYI if you are thinking my weed is wack guess again because I will smoke 2 big bowls in my bong and be high as a kite**

Attached Files:

• 321.jpg
      321.jpg
      File size:
      58.1 KB
      Views:
    • 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      83.1 KB
      Views:
  2. I don't know how to explain it.. if you have vapor like in that first picture.. you should be getting higher than a motherfucker.. a friend of mine whom has never vaped before, but smokes like a gram a day, smoked down a single bag out of my extreme q, and said he has never felt higher.

3. That's pretty weird man. Is your herb sticky? And is the grind fine? Those are two absolute musts for any vape, you want really finely ground, dry herb. How much herb do you think you're adding, in grams? And you're waiting until the yellow light is off before you start the air pump, right?

4. Goddamn, both of those bags by themselves would get me so high, I can't believe it.

OP, you may not want to hear this, but maybe vaporizing isn't for you. It gives a different high, and I know all my friends who have been smoking for years don't like the high it gives. I've gotten high with them before, and although I know my volcano has gotten us all comfortably high, they say they don't feel it, right before they pass out lol. My advice is to grind up maybe .1g or .2g really finely, and vape 2 bags at dial settings 5.5 and 7. You should get some nice, milky vapor, and if two bags in a short amount of time don't get you high, you're some sort of superhuman. Also remember that vapor takes you like 15 minutes to fully affect you, so be patient. And save your vapings to make edibles!

5. Yeah, your vape is fine man. I experienced the same thing when I bought my Volcano Classic. Those of us who have been daily smokers for a long time need to adjust to the Volcano. My first night with it I felt the same way - it wasn't making me high at all. But I just kept hitting it, and by the end of the night I was practically wigging out. I just suddenly realized I was toasted out of my mind.

I toned it down a little and it took me about a week to get comfortable with the high and how much weed to use and the proper temps. Smoking gives you a quick rush, which slowly subsides over an hour or so. The vape works a little differently, because you never feel that rush when the thick hot smoke gets absorbed into your lungs. The vapor is much lighter and more subtle. Instead the high sort of creeps up on you. So like max said you need to be patient.

I love the Volcano now and never smoke. I just feel so much better and healthier. But I can see how some people will still prefer to use a bong or pipe.

6. With smoking, you typically get a higher THC to CBD/CBN ratio than you do when you vape, and if you're used to that, it will take some time to adjust. Best advice I can give you is to stop combusting completely and just vape for about a week and see what happens. After doing this, most smokers make the transition and never go back to combusting. Others however, never do make that transition.

7. #7 Jakeoster, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    That is more than enough vapor to get you F-ed up.

The volcano high is different than smoking. It usually creeps on me for a while and I wont think I'm high enough then seemingly out of nowhere, it will smack me in head.

I think of it like if you smoke it's like jumping into a pool, your immediately fully immersed.

Vaporizing to me feels like turning on a computer. You hit the switch, wait for it to boot up, login, walk away and get a drink from the fridge, sit down and at that point your ready to go.

8. That first bag looks delicious haha

Yeah you just gotta get used to the vapor high. It takes a little while, I ran into the same problem when I first started using my volcano but it went away quickly and I love it now

9. this is your problem here. You need to add more bud to the chamber; enough to cover the screen, then double that amount. That will get you thicker vapor for sure. Start at 5.5 and work your way up; depending how big your bags are you should be able to get 2-3 out of each bowl.

As others have said, the vape high creeps up on you. Hit a bag and then wait 5 min. Also the volcano is not a very efficient vape; if you're looking to save bud I recommend looking into other models.