Vokal's Low Stress Training guide...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by heedtheweed, Jun 16, 2006.

1. I just read vokal's low stress training guide and I understand the first step but my mind kind of goes blank whenever I try to understand the next 3 steps... Especially the weaving part what does he mean when he wrote one branch is going up and one branch is going down if they are both tied together?

My over all understanding of his technique is to tie down all the new growth where he places the red line at, so the smaller branches have time to catch up. But if you keep doing that whats the point of having a canopy where he put the yellow line if your just going to tie it down?

2. Also if you really know how to do his method of lst please re-explain it in detail. I am growing weed in a 60 foot tree so I need to train the plant so the helicopters wont spot it as easily.

3. Hi Heed...Yeah, it is a shame Vokal disappeared hmmm about a year ago. I learned LST from him and he is a magician at it. I have yet to weave my plants but from what I remember, he bends a branch to the extreme and eventually pulls the top all the way down so it is shaped like a an upside down 'U'. So if you had two branches and you bent them towards each other, the top of each branch would be tied off near the bottom of the other...that is what that is: The top of one branch is going down and the base of the other is going up. Hope that makes sense. I still don't know he weaves such a perfect cool dome shape though, must take alot of trial and error. After the main stalk is pulled down, all the side branches shoot up as they all compete to be the main cola. These are the branches he starts to weave ino a dome by slowy pulling each branch down into a loop and tying it to the base of another. At least that is how I read it.

4. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1042025" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Lucian</TD><TD class=alt2>Hi Heed...Yeah, it is a shame Vokal disappeared hmmm about a year ago. I learned LST from him and he is a magician at it. I have yet to weave my plants but from what I remember, he bends a branch to the extreme and eventually pulls the top all the way down so it is shaped like a an upside down 'U'. So if you had two branches and you bent them towards each other, the top of each branch would be tied off near the bottom of the other...that is what that is: The top of one branch is going down and the base of the other is going up. Hope that makes sense. I still don't know he weaves such a perfect cool dome shape though, must take alot of trial and error. After the main stalk is pulled down, all the side branches shoot up as they all compete to be the main cola. These are the branches he starts to weave ino a dome by slowy pulling each branch down into a loop and tying it to the base of another. At least that is how I read it.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I have a better understanding of his method now thanks.:) But I still don't understand it completely since this is my first grow.

Why would you want to tie the top of one branch to the base of another?

What benefit do you get from bringing the base of one branch up and the top of another down?

Does a new grow tip grow from the base of each branch when you weave them?

What step does he bend the branch into an upside down U 1, 2, 3 or 4?

Also, How does he get 20-200 bud tips compared to the original 6 tips if you do lst the old fashioned way?

This is my first grow so the more detail you can explain to his method the better.