Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

vodka + weed = ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ant-hony, May 7, 2009.

1. so my friend's brother just got back from college for the summer and says all the pot heads at his school would put an 8th into a cup of vodka and let it soak for about a month. apparently the thc would absorb into the alcohol. so after a month you would strain the weed out of the vodka and take a shot. this would get you high and drunk at the same time.

i have no proof of this other than what i was told so i was wondering if there is any truth to this. has anyone tried/heard of this? can anyone prove/disprove this? thanks for all the responses.

2. Ive had vodka weed.

3. how is it? from what i hear 1 shot will "mess you up"

4. This is referred to in my area as Green Dragon.

5. Look up a recipe for green dragon.

Basically yeah, you can get really high and drunk at the same time.
    I've never used it so i dont really know "how high" or "how drunk" you get

6. I just got drunk, didnt really feel high.

I drank like 2/3rds of a bottle too so i doubt it was cause i didnt have enough.

Tasted good though, deffo try it.

And yeah the vodka does soak up the THC, its why you shouldnt put vodka in a bong instead of water, cause you get less of a hit.

7. I would imagine a few shots would fuck you up pretty good...hmmm

8. hmm sounds like an interesting practice...
    lemme know if its legit

9. I have had it before, I used whiskey tho and it tasted horrible

But I got drunk and high at the same time, I would say more drunk than high tho.

10. I was reading this and got interested. Is it worth sacrifying an 8th ? Doesn't look by the reply from people who tried it. If someone else has tried it, maybe I could get an answer.

11. It's called 'Green Dragon' and yes it works. It's best done with something like Everclear though, then diluted down to 100 proof or so with distilled water.

12. meh...i'd prefer to just take a shot, then follow it with a nice hit. less wasted weed, more controlled intake of mixed drugs. :smoke:

13. Actually you are wasting more weed by smoking it. About 75% of the THC is destroyed by smoking. Eating or drinking it is far more efficient.

I'm not saying don't smoke. It's by far my preferred method. I'm just saying you are incorrect in your assessment that you'd waste the herb by making an edible or Green Dragon.

14. Tinctures are far more potent than mere Green Dragon though. I make super potent tinctures by first extracting the THC then mixing it with just enough ethanol to make it a liquid.

15. Man that sounds great. I would love to drink some of that.

16. I wouldn't recommend drinking it :D

A couple of drops under the tongue is all it takes ;)

17. i vape everything anyways, so i'll still vape over drinking vodka with weed.

18. Vaping and eating are about equal in efficiency and I enjoy both. It's not an all or nothing proposition, cannabis was meant to be enjoyed in many different ways ;)

19. If its made right and just just stems left to soak, it can be quite the enjoyable treat. im one of the vaper's with my nice SSV and thats all i really need. clean and efficent