Vivosun 2x4 tent ventilation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Csfieldmusic, Jun 16, 2021.

1. The tent has a fan and filter to blow out the air as well as 2 6 inch fans for circulation. My question is... How does fresh air get into the tent? There are several other intake sites on the tent including 4 inch holes that can be sealed closed as well as screen windows that have covers over them. I am concerned about leaving any of these open which would allow light into the tent. All of the tutorials I have read or viewed only talk about the exhaust and not the intake.

2. most use a passive intake
    Open the bottom vents with the mesh screen on them

The negative pressure of the exhuast fan pushing air out of the tent will pull fresh air in at the bottom from the vents.

as for light leaks i've never had a problem with just the vents being open.

good luck

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OK cool! I think there are 2 of the screen vents at the bottom of the tent. Should I leave them both open or just one of them? The Good news is the screen vents are up close to a wall so direct light should not be an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've always just left the bottom right vent open. i dont think i've even tried having both open.

might be worth experimenting with :)

Good luck

5. Thanks for the quik and informative reply. I will start with the vent behind the filter on the floor and monitor temp and humidity and if need be open ooen the front vent. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  6. You need 1 size up passive intake compared to your exhaust.
    4 inch powered exhaust
    6 inch passive intake

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. VIVOSUN has zero customer service. honestly, try getting in touch with them to resolve an issue. there is only one phone number (they will just take your name and phone number and you will not get a call back, tried 13 times!) then there is the 1 support@vivosun email that will never reply. seriously try to get in touch with anyone who works for vivosun whatsoever. my ballast blew the first day and have been trying for over a month to get in touch with anyone.