Vital, read if you care about the internet.

Discussion in 'General' started by coalman23, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Major corporations have swayed the government into creating a bill which will enforce dumb laws regarding streaming, piracy, copyright, etc.

OH, and MANY websites are going to be shut down.

Sign this.

American Censorship Day November 16 - Join the fight to stop SOPA

Watch this.

[ame=http://vimeo.com/31100268]PROTECT IP Act Breaks The Internet on Vimeo[/ame]

2. Government is trying to control the internet now. Omw to canada

3. haha seriously, I wouldn't mind living in vancouver at all.

In fact at this point I think that would be preferable.

4. this is just getting fucking ridiculous

5. I know dude.

Let as many people as you can know about this, I think along with occupy wall street, public outrage has a fighting chance against bills like this.

6. The government can't fucking regulate everything we do. I thought America was anti-communist but now I'm starting to think differently.

Ron Paul 2012!!!!

7. They're trying, and with the huge population of ignorant retards the chance is good

8. It isn't a liberal bill, it was written for the benefit of the corporations.

9. Glad they jumped on it before it got out of control...

10. Seems kind of a useless bill really. It sounds like all they are really do is screwing around with the DNS servers on all US isp's which really does nothing other than cause inconvenience.

A US federal law can't exactly do anything more than be a pester to the majority of websites like the pirate bay and other file sharing sites if they even use US advertising and financial services at all.

11. this is dumb as hell, asshole businesses are bribing already corrupt congressmen to pass bills that make the companies EVEN RICHER. fuck man a million dollars would almost be too much for many people on this thread im sure, yet these men are so greedy 10 million isnt enough. what do you need thats 10 million dollars?

12. This is ridiculous, its complete bullshit that the government constantly fucks every citizen in the ass. They need to stay out of personal affairs and controlling what we can and cant do

13. cant control the internet. where theres a will there is a way..

14. Hahaha well im not worried, goverment has always done whats in the best intrest of big business so yea wake up and realize that the people are not who the goverment serve.

Thats why the only conclusion is war! fire has to burn ;)