Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Visuals

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Skatestonerepeat, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Bahaha

Ok explain to me the biochemistry of how it works and MAYBE ill think about it. Other wise thats just more BULL from googling some easy terms.

I can guarantee you the only thing true in this river of bullshyte is the AMOUNT OF MARIJUANA and TYPES I have smoked. Period.

A hallucination and a visual abnormality are in NO way the something. Enhancement of light is not a hallucination. A hallucination completely different part of your brain. It has nothing to do with your eyes. It has to do with chemical feed back along the optical nerve working in TANDEM with the auditory nerve, usually based on a memory. Visual and Audio Enhancement has to do with the slight alteration of how signals are interpreted. 

Let me dumb it down for you. Hallucinations come from with in and go out. Enhancement comes from an external source.

Does marijuana make a sun set prettier? Yep. Zep cooler? Yep. Does it make shit on your arms talk? Nope.

I don't even study neurocognition and i know this, you should try.. um school?

You just reinforce the stoner stereotype.. thank you for setting us all back.

We don't need people googling "Can Weed make me See shit" and coming across your raves and take them to be true thus altering their perspective on something older than humanity itself.

Besides I'm going to take someone who likes the pixies and stone temple serious? Please.

/endNerdRant

You're taking this way out of context and have taken something I theorized to be something I'm saying is set in stone.

The only idea I'm trying to convey to you - which you seem to have a hard time understanding - is that perception varies from one person to another. You can't tell me that everyone sees the world the same, nor can you tell me that everyone's experience while high is the same; it's just ignorant to even think such a thing when the highs from marijuana are personal and subjective. 

I have not once used the term "hallucinogen," nor do I think that the word defines marijuana. I'm simply stating an idea - a theory that the way in which one perceives the high from marijuana is different from another's; thereby leaving up to debate if someone can, or cannot sense and perceive different things while high. 

Lewd comments only get you so far my friend and they certainly take away much of the credibility in your arguments. 

3. People saying weed can't make you hallucinate... lol. It's a psychedelic drug, admittedly one of the weakest forms of the drug, but you are able to actually have quite intense hallucinations from a high amount, especially if your tolerance is very low. I would know it's happened to me before  :smoke:

4. I occasionally get tunnel vision, usually when smoking wax. That's about it for visuals. But most of the time I get freaking audio hallucinations. Usually small things like someone calling my name or the sound of people chattering when I shower. But once again, that's usually only when I use wax.

5. Brightness and color become more vibrant, if I smoke a lot I will have minor closed-eye visuals with patterns and colors. 
    Other than this, no. I have never seen anything that isn't really there.

6. #26 YoshiBMFP, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
    @[member="the_tobzster"] Compared to mushrooms and lsd, the hallucinations caused by weed at it's highest dosages are minor at most.

With any type of tolerance I imagine hallucinations aren't possible.
    I've had pattern visuals only once while smoking kief out of a bong. This is when I had barely smoked and had no tolerance. The visuals were nothing compared to mushrooms/lsd. 

Unless a new user goes hard-in-the-paint with dabs or wax, I doubt any type of hallucination will ever occur.

7. Take a couple week T break and do a fat dab of some dank BHO and you'll figure out whether or not you can get mild hallucinations.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I'm sorry, but I'm going to completely destroy your entire argument with one sentence. One thing that'll make your entire rant invalid.

OP ASKED IF ANYONE HAS EXPERIENCED "VISUALS" FROM MARIJUANA. NOT "HALLUCINATIONS". NOT ONCE DID OP SAY THE WORD HALLUCINATION.

9. No one cares. 

Ive made my valid point. Go back to your bridges trolls.

10. #30 TheAnswer121, Jul 5, 2014
    visuals is anything that alters what you see :rolleyes:

never experienced this with cannabis

sorry

11. #31 SupremeMHK, Jul 5, 2014
    I can understand that, and I respect it. But I wanted this guy @[member="IfeltathighTX420"] to realize that what he typed was irrelevant, because in this thread we are talking about visuals from cannabis, not hallucinations. Hallucinations are visuals, but visuals are not hallucinations. CEVs, possible tunnel vision, and colors/light being more saturated (if that's the term you want to use? you probably understand what I'm trying to say) are all VISUALS from cannabis, because they are something that wasn't being percieved when you were sober, and now that you are it's a visual from the bud.

If you can say in your expert experience (I see that grow op  :ey: ) that you've never had CEVs or having seen colors or light being saturated or whatever, than I completely respect that and believe you. But because there is no studies on this, no research, no anything... OP posted this thread asking for others experiences. I posted my experiences, some other people shared theirs (whether it was they have, or they haven't) and then this guy comes out of now throwing a tantrum about cannabis "hallucinations"  :rolleyes: . I don't think he realized what OP had meant by visuals.

Also, sorry for the long post. I'm talking to you and him in this so it's a tad long.

12. i'm just old and stubborn :hide:

:p :laughing: :gc_rocks:

13. Oh, no. You're fine. You replied to me respectfully and I appreciate that, I really do. You don't run into many polite people on the internet. This other guy is being a bit of an a-hole if I do say so myself..

14. #34 THC.On.A.Spoon., Jul 5, 2014
    THC on a spoon. :)

15. yeah dude you exactly right with the "hallucinations" type deal. I definitely wasn't saying that I straight up trip balls and speak to the universe and stuff I just sometimes see feint CEVs of like patterns and stuff. Usually if I listen to music. And sometimes I'll mistakenly see something that isn't there but when I look back I realize it's not haha. But nothing like crazy. This is a good discussion though glad to hear all the different opinions out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #36 IfeltathighTX420, Jul 5, 2014

I don't need politicians, parents, pastors and so on coming along on google across your crap

To any 3rd party reading this, disregard everything the original poster and this fool supreme have concocted. Its like being gay in the 90's all over again. STOP your non science BS it just sets us ALL back.

17. Sorry to upset you? Like you said yourself, don't get "your little fists get all curled up and your little cheeks all red" haha. Marijuana is a fantastic, multi-purpose tool in my political opinion. It isn't right for everyone, that's for sure, but neither is alcohol. It can help cure lethal/painful diseases and help ease the pain from them, it can make some mental disorders even disappear from what I've seen!

Now that we've cleared that up for any 3rd party, I want to tell you, and the 3rd party, as with all new mind-altering substances (alcohol, marijuana, unmentionables) it can effect different people in different ways. You will not see purple lava oozing over the brim of your new ROOR. But you might see light as more pure, or colors as more rich and beautiful. You might have some CEVs (which are rare from what I've heard from others experiences, but CEVs are nothing to worry about. you get the same effect after looking at a light for 15~ seconds and then closing your eyes). That's pretty much the extent of your visuals.

(And yes, I am bisexual, I don't see how gays fit into any of this at all?)

18. #38 PremeSu, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
    I seen cats morphing into dogs and vice versa repeatedly. Colors got brighter and cooler. Seen a shadow outline of a bunny then it started morphing into other cartoon characters. Was blunt cruising at night wit my bro and I seen people literally standing/walking literally everywhere but they weren't real. They were kinda transparent but you can see them. I've seen a lot of shit on weed and I'm not bullshitting you 🙅

Edit: I've had a few rare visuals BEFORE I did lsd. But after doing lsd I've started to have more weird trippy visuals off weed. It's pretty tight tho aha

19. I get audio hallucinations a lot. There's a pond in my back yard and during the summer we get bullfrogs which croak very loudly. I can hear them from my room and when I get stoned their croaks turn into words. It's weird sometimes I hear my name sometimes I imagine them talking to each other. Cannabis is wonderful my friend

20. Also since I toke outside by my pond I have seen weird things/ visuals from the moonlight reflecting on the water. It's weird. It doesn't happen during the day, it's just the moonlight off the rippling water that mesmerizes me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app